Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello to all. From Yorba Linda SoCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had my new model x for 2 weeks. It's amazing. I absolutely love it. Quiet start. Insanely fast. The only problem today is I do get a update notice. I thought I was the 1/1000 to have autopilot for hw2. But it can't be activated while driving. Do anybody has the same situation.

Just had my new model x for 2 weeks. It's amazing. I absolutely love it. Quiet start. Insanely fast. The only problem today is I do get a update notice. I thought I was the 1/1000 to have autopilot for hw2. But it can't be activated while driving. Do anybody has the same situation.

Welcome to TMC @Simon_elf

I'm sure one of the Model X owners can answer your question.

I am one of the organizers to the Tesla Owners Club of Orange County (formerly OC Tesla) and we have our usual bi-monthly meetup in Lake Forest on Jan. 15, 2017 coming up. One of our club members @MXWing posted about being one of the lucky firmware guys, he might have the answer.

As for the club, we have two web locations, here at TMC at our groups page.

And on meetup.com.

Additionally members are encouraged to join the email list at octesla AT gmail DOT com. If you have any questions about Tesla and want to discuss in person, come on out and join us for a chat of all things Tesla, EV, and anything else that comes to mind

Reactions: MXWing
I had my Model X exactly two weeks ago yesterday.

Firmware updated last night. All attempts to engage the autopilot/cruise control over 80 miles said camera was still calibrating.

Did you get a different message?

Or do you mean get the update itself? If so you should be parked, connected to your wifi and you are able to select the update.

Vehicle cannot be driven during the upgrade so yes it would make sense that firmware cannot be applied while in transit.

I had my Model X exactly two weeks ago yesterday.

Firmware updated last night. All attempts to engage the autopilot/cruise control over 80 miles said camera was still calibrating.

Did you get a different message?

Or do you mean get the update itself? If so you should be parked, connected to your wifi and you are able to select the update.

Vehicle cannot be driven during the upgrade so yes it would make sense that firmware cannot be applied while in transit.
I drove about 60 miles today. And I think around 30 miles the calibration finished and that message no longer shows. But you only got the cruise function working. When I tried to activate the auto steer it says you have to lower down the speed. Looks like it only works during low speed highway trip. Yes. My model x is updated already.