Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How often do you use autopilot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use it (EAP) for 99% of motorway driving. Occasionally I'll need to disconnect it for a lane change that isn't "simple". Of the 23,000 miles on the car I'd guess that 22,500 have been under Autopilot. I hate driving. Any thrills I need I can get from doing 0-65 on the motorway slip road.
Haha. I’m the opposite. Love driving (and riding) all manner of vehicles. The more variety the better. All in the right circumstances of course. The right tool for the job 😅
Here, I'd rather drive Suffolk than Surrey or Sussex. ( hopefully, I will hold to that after this weekend's trip to that county).
🙂
Hush man. Suffolk has some great roads. Don’t go telling everyone. 😜

Well, here’s a first.
I came home put the car in the garage and it’s location shows in the app as my house!
for the 3 years I’ve had the car, in the garage it’s next door one side and on the drive it’s next door the other side!
It’s a miracle…

A miracle indeed! I just checked. Mine has also always shown as being next door. It’s now showing as at my address.

Well, here’s a first.
I came home put the car in the garage and it’s location shows in the app as my house!
for the 3 years I’ve had the car, in the garage it’s next door one side and on the drive it’s next door the other side!
It’s a miracle…
Yes a miracle! Mine usually shows next door but tonight, it shows next but one
because..... roll on the drum.... it is parked on next door's front tonight 😂.
You can't fool a Tesla!

Well, here’s a first.
It’s a miracle…
Lucky for some. Mine doesn't even get the right street. Although to be fair I live in a cul-de-sac that backs onto another cul-de-sac and our driveway leads to the fence seperating thmn.

I use it all the time on A roads and motorways and I don't even remember the last time it phantom brakeed. I particularly like it at night or in low visibility (for me).

Follow set to 4, 5 when wet. If someone cuts me up, it drops back and I remain chill as they didn't effect me personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: waltonmark
Almost all the time on motorways and dual carriageways. it helps free up my attention to look further ahead/around/behind and is less mentally tiring on a long drive

I do t use it as much
- semi-congested traffic. If I have to change lanes all the time I get annoyed at the bongs and having to renegade so often just leave it in TACC
- start-stop I find it both slow to react when the car in front moves and too ‘binary’ accelerating hard and braking hard. Even with just me as a driver it’s annoying and I’ll often find it easier to let the car creep and modulate speed myself.

That second one is the most annoying - it should be able to detect distance easily when cars are close and should be able to be much gentler on the throttle - even using creep mode if needed.

I am home with phone. The car is next door but thinks it is two housed away.

On the app, the car location should be a triangle/arrow and the owners phone, a blue dot - at least, that's how mine works. It's always shown mine 100% correct. I think it works by handshaking the GPS chip in the car so I guess the app always needs to be on in the background.
It shows where the owner is - may be???
This was a banter! Didn’t follow that up with a smiley :)

I don't like it is stop/start Manchester traffic - too jerky and slow to react.

I don't travel long distances often these days, but went from Manchester to Cornwall yesterday and used it nearly all the way- no problems at all and very relaxing. Only issue I had was the constant 'binging and bonging' as I don't have EAP - as is mentioned in another thread, it encourages staying in a lane so the missus doesn't get woken every lane change!

Reactions: waltonmark
I want to make myself use it more, but i've never been very good at handing over control! 🤣
I can't recall more than half a dozen times when I used cruise control on my previous cars in the last 7 years or so. I feel I need to embrace technology a bit more than I do perhaps!