Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hello

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Newbie here - just joined up - go easy!

Based over near Liverpool in England.

Been a car fan for all my life (33 years) and recently paying some massive attention to how cars are going to be in the future. Tesla very much at the forefront of this although only see approx 1 a month in the UK and generally a Type S. Think i've only seen a Roadster on the road maybe 2 or 3 times.

Anyway, here to pay a bit more attention to the brand as keen to replace my current vehicle with a Model 3 when they become available. Really not sure i'm going to be able to wait that long without replacing my current car (9 yrs old!) but needs must and will hopefully save some money in the process!

Maybe speak soon,

Simon

Welcome sider! If you get behind the wheel of a Tesla you won't be able to sleep until you get one. I haven't slept well for 9 months but now I can rest easy as my Model S 90D rolls down the assembly line as we speak. Counting the days.....

Hi All,

Newbie here - just joined up - go easy!

Based over near Liverpool in England.

Been a car fan for all my life (33 years) and recently paying some massive attention to how cars are going to be in the future. Tesla very much at the forefront of this although only see approx 1 a month in the UK and generally a Type S. Think i've only seen a Roadster on the road maybe 2 or 3 times.

Anyway, here to pay a bit more attention to the brand as keen to replace my current vehicle with a Model 3 when they become available. Really not sure i'm going to be able to wait that long without replacing my current car (9 yrs old!) but needs must and will hopefully save some money in the process!

Maybe speak soon,

Simon

Welcome Sider.
I kept my last car for 15 years so I could afford a Model S, it quite possible for most modern cars to last this long.
Keep it regularly serviced and don't leave any faults or problems to get worse or more expensive. Don't ask how I know this. :eek:
Good luck.

Welcome, thanks for the intro and have you driven or rode in a S yet? Would like to hear your opinion.

Thanks for the welcome folks!

Not driven an S yet. First impressions of the brand was that the Roadster was a blatant copy of the Lotus Elise (for which I'm a fan!) until I saw some Youtube clips that told me - looks aside - it's a totally different car!

As for the S - really like them but as I said, hardly ever see them in this part of the UK. May see a few per day in London but I'd be lucky to see 2 a month!

I have a test drive booked though!

- - - Updated - - -

Damn I thought it was Adele.

:smile:
Welcome!

Apologies - a big 'HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE' then!! :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome sider! If you get behind the wheel of a Tesla you won't be able to sleep until you get one. I haven't slept well for 9 months but now I can rest easy as my Model S 90D rolls down the assembly line as we speak. Counting the days.....

Brilliant - good luck with the new car!

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome Sider.
I kept my last car for 15 years so I could afford a Model S, it quite possible for most modern cars to last this long.
Keep it regularly serviced and don't leave any faults or problems to get worse or more expensive. Don't ask how I know this. :eek:
Good luck.

Wowsers - that is determination! My last car was a company car - a VW Passat 2.0 TDI. Had it from new until it was just over 2 years old - then I set up my own business. So, with very little funds towards a car - I bought an 8 year old Skoda Octavia 2.0 TDI with the intention of keeping it 2 years or so and then getting something newer. 1 year in now and I quite like the look of a BMW 1 Series but the Model 3 is something I really need to see before committing to the BMW. If I like the look of it, then i'll hold off and try to keep the trusty Skoda going a little longer - it's only done 82k miles so not too much for a diesel. My friends Octavia has done 205k miles!

The only worry then is that the Model 3 comes in way over budget. I'm hoping sub 25000 (GB pounds).

I have a test drive booked in a Model S. The sales guy understands/appreciates that going from a diesel to a Tesla is very different and is appreciative of the fact that I'm not looking for a joyride in a car that I cant afford - simply that I want a feel for a car that runs on electricity with no gears! A bit of me hopes it has ludicrous mode, a bit not. If it does, I think i'll need to hold up a bank!! Likewise, the sales guy also owns a basic BMW 3 series and so is in a similar situation in that he wants a Model 3 too so is keeping me up to speed as much as he is allowed to.