Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Air Conditioning doesn’t work!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my 2023 MYP last Tuesday in the Plano, TX location. A/C didn’t work 24 hours later (not cooling). Took it to SC twice and they finally told me there wasn’t enough refrigerant. Charged the refrigerant, ran the A/C for an hour and then notified me it was fixed. A week later, A/C goes out again on way to son’s graduation. Just booked service appt - telling me I can’t get an appointment until June 15th, THREE WEEKS AWAY! Sent them a message that this is unacceptable - can’t drive car in Texas heat.

Any tips on how to get this fixed ASAP? Should I just show up at the SC with no appointment? FURIOUS at the schlocky quality and service availability.

I've always advocated dropping into a SC for face-to-face discussion. The toughest part is keeping the "furious" out of the conversation!!

If the refrigerant was low, there's probably a leak, so they'll have to dig into the system. Sorry about that!

Hope they're willing to help you out ASAP.

Reactions: Pobre
Picked up my 2023 MYP last Tuesday in the Plano, TX location. A/C didn’t work 24 hours later (not cooling). Took it to SC twice and they finally told me there wasn’t enough refrigerant. Charged the refrigerant, ran the A/C for an hour and then notified me it was fixed. A week later, A/C goes out again on way to son’s graduation. Just booked service appt - telling me I can’t get an appointment until June 15th, THREE WEEKS AWAY! Sent them a message that this is unacceptable - can’t drive car in Texas heat.

Any tips on how to get this fixed ASAP? Should I just show up at the SC with no appointment? FURIOUS at the schlocky quality and service availability.
Ask the question as a response to the existing ticket. The first response that you got may have been automated.

My climate system in my Model Y made a clicking sound then stopped, booked into Tesla SC as it could be anything, however when I spoke a guy from Tesla as they rang me to push my appointment back a week he did say they were waiting on a part, they hadn't seen the car so I'm wondering if its a 'known fault' as my model Y is 2 months old.

Below was my response from Tesla SC today. Glad they finally found it.

IMG_4562.jpeg

Have you joined North Texas Tesla Owners Group? It's largely new Tesla owners (some act like it's their first car!), but many have their cars serviced at the Plano SC. Someone might be able to help you to navigate the experience: who to talk to, etc.

Glad they've found the leak. Hopefully the repair will be quick and uneventful. Good luck!