Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help Choose ! SGIP Resilience or General Market Program ?

aarshad81

Oct 8, 2020
Castro Valley, CA
Good news i am getting my two powerwalks and solar (Large) installed in two weeks ! I had ordered them two months back

I live in a Riskzone 2 (Castro Valley, CA) and have medical baseline, so I understood i would qualify for the resilience program, correct. Heard from Tesla, the program is full in PGE territory and that i would be on a waitlist.

Other option they mentioned was to go with soon to be opened general market program which gives 2350 per power wall.

I was wondering what the chances are for the resilience program to be filled up in the future while i am on the waitlist. dont mind waiting 1-2 years if needed. But if the chances are lower should i go for the general market ?

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
I dont have access to either one of those... but the equity and resilience program basically buys a powerwall from what I read here (11k+) pretty large difference between 11k+ and "2350" for whatever the "general market" one is... and I have no idea what that is unless its the regular SGIP that "everyone " gets to apply for.

If it is, you would be behind a bunch of other people in tesla's line (everyone that installed earlier this year". 11k vs 2.3k is a lot of reasons to wait....

Vines

Jul 20, 2018
Silicon Valley, CA
Resiliency is a good sized waitlist at this point, it was full over a month ago. You are quite unlikely to get that.

I would go with general market as you can probably still get that.

holeydonut

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2020
East Bay NorCal
I think the only general market program that has funds is the large scale program (requires 3x or more powerwalls). The small scale general market one has a long waitlist, and it will likely be exhausted of funds before your turn comes up.

Reactions: Vines

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC