Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - Curb Scratch on rim

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyway have suggestions on how to clean this mess up? I decided to not listen to the warning and got my rim scratched - sticks out like a sore thumb now. Are there products, companies or any suggestions on making it not so noticeable? Beyond buying a new rim? I'm in Northern California. Thanks
IMG_20190326_093054.jpg

Anyway have suggestions on how to clean this mess up? I decided to not listen to the warning and got my rim scratched - sticks out like a sore thumb now. Are there products, companies or any suggestions on making it not so noticeable? Beyond buying a new rim? I'm in Northern California. Thanks
View attachment 390614

That is likely easily fixed by a wheel repair business. They may even be able to come to you and do it in a trailer or have 24hr turn-around. Here in Atlanta it would cost about $125 to have it fixed to look like new.

Reactions: Midway99
View attachment 390614
This thread may help:
HowTo: Fix bad curb rash

• Informative
Reactions: radiocycle
45CD16B3-3CB9-4DE9-AF7B-F7B909BB02F1.jpeg
View attachment 390614
I did mine up much worse than that. I was ready to buy a new wheel. It is amazing what the repair places can do. $150 and I can’t even tell where it happened.

View attachment 390614
I had the same issue:
My fix.
Tesla Model 3 Curb Rash Fix
Tesla Model 3 Curb Rash Fix Update!

Actually, many people don't know that wheels can be easily repaired. It is simply a lack of knowledge.

Never even thought of this as i didn't care in the past, did a google search and all sorts of places, some even make house calls. love the community here, always quick to help out. Was going to call Tesla for a new rim because once I noticed the curb rash, it would bug me.

And after watching a few videos, I can practice a few rim repairs on my golf cart. Thanks everyone.

Reactions: woodguyatl
Try searching for wheel repair on yelp from your area. It’s about 100-125 for one wheel (cheaper with more wheels) for mobile service.

I messed up mine from a tight right turn. Felt like *sugar* the first night, then looking for new wheel the next night, then wheel repair search the next, and now I just ignore it...

It's actually not very hard to DIY fix the curb rash on the 18 inch stock wheels, you just need patience and the have the right tools before your start (dupli color ford grey touch up paint kit, bondo, sand paper, alcohol, masking tape). If you search for "curb rash" on this forum you will find multiple threads on this topic with lots of helpful tips.

View attachment 390614

All fixed thanks to Kelly Wheel Repair in Rocklin, CA. Came to the house and all is perfect.IMG_20190401_153427.jpg IMG_20190326_093054.jpg

Reactions: thaita