Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - has this happened to any other Model X owner?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have car mats?

If they are not pinned in place properly they can get on top of the accelerator, so when you step in you push it down. Many cars include hooks to prevent the mat moving, but I don't know about Tesla or if your specific ones were anchored.

Most I know in the field wouldn't use the term “hacked” just reading @wk057’s post you can see he uses terms like “nefarious actor” and “remotely access”. Big words that makes me roll my eyes and go...so...hacked? Because I’m a moron and don’t work in the field

I think it's probably worth making a venn diagram of terms for hackers and such one of these days.

For example: I'm a hacker, but I'm not a nefarious actor. Not all hackers are nefarious actors, and not all nefarious actors are hackers.

Also, something can be hacked, but not necessarily remotely accessed.

The terms "hacker", "hacked", and other similar terms are quite ambiguous and often misinterpreted. This is why many, myself included, will prefer greater specificity when discussing the topics. Definitely not intended to come across as condescending in any way. Simply eliminating ambiguity to convey the thoughts clearly.