Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help identify this outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend wants to know if there's any way to charge off of this outlet. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but it looks like a twist lock, with 2 of the 3 receptacles having a locking blade. There is an odd male pin coming off of the center. I know Tesla makes a 10-30 and 14-30 adapter for the UMC cable. If this outlet could be identified, perhaps an adapter to one of those could be found?

Thank you for any guidance you may be able to provide!

IMG_20180702_200406.jpg

I think that's a 3 phase twist lock and the center pin is ground. This guide might help if you can look closer. This won't be a standard adapter. But if it's 277/480, an electrician should be able to use a hot and neutral to give you a good 277 volt source. If it's 120/208, you can wire two hots for 208 volts. But this will need more research and someone who can wire a custom plug.

Misc036C.gif

A friend wants to know if there's any way to charge off of this outlet. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but it looks like a twist lock, with 2 of the 3 receptacles having a locking blade. There is an odd male pin coming off of the center. I know Tesla makes a 10-30 and 14-30 adapter for the UMC cable. If this outlet could be identified, perhaps an adapter to one of those could be found?

View attachment 314187

Perhaps this chart will help

Attachments

• 220v outlet types.jpg
    220v outlet types.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 43

View attachment 314187

A better picture I think is required to provide good feedback - I am not sure we have correctly positively identified this receptacle type yet. Also, can you get a picture of the breaker that feeds it?

It is likely that you could find a way to charge off of this safely with an adapter.

It is hard to tell if it is three phase with no neutral but just a ground, or if it is single phase (hot hot neutral, plus ground).

If it is 277v you can't use it with a Model 3 from what I understand. The UMC for sure is not rated for that. The HPWC's are, but they are not plug in and the Model 3 I don't think will charge from them at that high voltage.

Any idea what this receptacle was intended for?