Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help - locked out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, please don't comment on my stupidity, but hear me out.

2017 MS 75D

1. I'm locked out
2. My 12v battery is dead.
3. I cannot open the frunk due to snapped off manual releases in the past (and yes I haven't replaced them FFS)

How can I get into the car with no physical key to open the doors? Can I break into it? Can I apply 12v to 'something' outside the car and somehow get 12v power to to open it?

Thanks all, I'm stupid I know........

Last edited:
You should find corresponding manual for your car, here are some screenshot which might help. Using the key placement on front screen might give an access to your trunk (try to open this first) and then you can open the charge port door manually to start charging. I can give one guide for getting the frunk latch to release but it requires some access to it.

F08B4D37-CE2F-4C5A-BAD3-6D3A0E88CE97.jpeg

821F9C63-5552-4DBA-B3C5-6C526B15D02B.jpeg

Here is the guide for nosecone models (thanks to this forum member):
7A31F787-0821-42D7-8B2C-58DC6CE565B0.jpeg

And clarification by sketch:
EB9196F1-994C-4A1D-9D44-272295B76196.jpeg

Last edited:
Coat hanger to pull the door handle. I’ve seen the little airbag you can buy to wedge the window glass just enough to provide space without breaking, but I’m sure a panel pry tool could do the same to provide the room needed to insert the coat hanger.
I’ve never done this mind you. There are videos with the airbag method out there.

It is important to know the manual way in, which you already knew. I'd say knowing the manual way in will happen to 90% of Tesla owners at some point. Were you able to use pliers, or something else with the broken cable(s)?👍