Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me calculate cost of using chargepoint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A valid calculation if comparing to the cost of electricity at home. However, if you are using this to determine cost per mile you need to remember conversion loss. 20% + would be normal.

Yea, i'm comparing it to cost of electricity at home. I have a crappy situation where my condo has decided to not let me install my own charger. They want to use a 3rd party company (for valid reasons), but this company charges ~55 cents per kwh AND has me paying for the charger install. It so happens that San Jose has free parking for EVs and chargepoint stations in all the overnight garages. And the closest one is 1 block away. It's not a dedicated spot, but it is a solution for the time being while I figure my parking situation out.

Last edited:
Not around me. The Chargepoint stations supplied by Beam in NYC have unlimited monthly charging for $98/month. http://www.beamcharging.com/beam-locations.html

Nor me. In Hermosa Beach they are free. Occasionly I charge at other Chargepoint stations and they vsry by location.

Driving a RAV4 EV since October 2012.
Converting a VW to electric since April 2012
Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk.

ChargePoint chargers think that you've unplugged once charging is done, at least on the Model S.

Also, note on the Chargepoint.net site, if you click on Connections, Verdek EV Solution is offering free EV charging in exchange for access to your charging history. There are other offers/discounts available on that page. Regardless, nearly all the ChargePoint stations around New England are free (at least, for now).