Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me figure out what my dog damaged in my MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Left our dog in the car while shopping at Costco yesterday and only today noticed chewed up parts left on the floor in the back. I've attached pic of the chewed parts and also managed to find some of the part numbers on Tesla's parts site. I've attached a photo of the chewed parts and also a portion of what I think is the correct part numbers. In the diagram, it appears that parts 10 & 11 (the last 2 on the list) are involved.

All the usb ports and charging pads work and the seat belt and seat functions normally. I'm at a loss in determining what the part labelled 1 gig does. Would really appreciate any help.

IMG_0980.jpeg
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 11.50.24 AM.png

Nowadays, in quest of making environmentally friendly products,
many car parts are made of from biobased natural biodegradable based products.

For example, some biobased materials use plant fibres,
such as process flax, hemp, and sisal or soy-based polyurethane.

As a result many animals, principaly rodents,
have been wreaking havoc causing a lot of damages in vehicles.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLY and Tha_Ape
It's been a couple weeks now -- did you figure out what that part was?
Thanks for asking. Actually no I haven't. I believe it may be the seat belt sensor for one of the seats. We're going on a bit of trip tomorrow with passengers in the back and will do some troubleshooting. I'm actually not sure what to do. Ask for a mobile appointment? I'm 2 ½ hours from a service center.

I take it that it came from the rear seat - I just presumed it was the front. Well if its a seat belt sensor, and it doesn't trigger any alarm, I wouldn't worry about it. I could be quite sure it's not a heating element. My guess still is that it's a pressure sensor.

That part is a seat occupancy sensor, we had a mobile tech out a few weeks back to replace one in my wife’s Model 3. He had to get the seat out,get the seat cushion off the seat, get the upholstery off and the replace that sensor.Pretty smart dog you have!
Did this solve the issue of the sensor malfunctioning on your wifes m3? I am troubleshooting an intermitent issue with my occupansy sensor where at times, usually low speed and no seat belt fastened, it doesn't detect the driver in the seat and will automatically set the parking brake.