Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me figure out what my dog damaged in my MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_8607_1799x1349.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: MtnMarty
That is the seat occupied sensor in the Left Front Driver's seat, but may also be used for all three rear positions.
Location is glued to the top of the foam pad and underneath the top "leatherette" cover.
The dog would have to rip open the seat cover to get it. But in the back it might be easier provided he either tore the cover off or the seat was not snapped in properly.

The passenger seat uses a completely different sensor.

The rear seats may have the same sensor, I've never taken them apart to see.
Somehow the dog got into the seat cushion bottom, either driver's or rear. The rear does have a person in seat sensor as well, so it may be the same part.
I haven't studied the rear seat but I've taken the front apart many times.

I don't know what the black plastic is, the picture isn't clear enough for me to make it out.

I rebuild Tesla front seats, making them more comfortable for larger wider body profiles.

Sincerely,
George Borrelli
Crystal River,
Florida

That is the seat occupied sensor in the Left Front Driver's seat, but may also be used for all three rear positions.
Location is glued to the top of the foam pad and underneath the top "leatherette" cover.
The dog would have to rip open the seat cover to get it. But in the back it might be easier provided he either tore the cover off or the seat was not snapped in properly.

The passenger seat uses a completely different sensor.

The rear seats may have the same sensor, I've never taken them apart to see.
Somehow the dog got into the seat cushion bottom, either driver's or rear. The rear does have a person in seat sensor as well, so it may be the same part.
I haven't studied the rear seat but I've taken the front apart many times.

I don't know what the black plastic is, the picture isn't clear enough for me to make it out.

I rebuild Tesla front seats, making them more comfortable for larger wider body profiles.

Sincerely,
George Borrelli
Crystal River,
Florida
You get a lot of customers in Florida?