Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me like black

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree that black cars look the best when clean. I just didnt want to take care of it "every few days" and it always looked dirty (My metallic black BMW). I was not going to ceramic coat a leased car.

Back to OP....

One thing I have learned is, with cars its not a great idea to "settle" if you dont have to. If you are getting a new car, there is little reason to settle on something. If you decide you love black, go for it. You are saying you dont want it. If you dont really like the other colors, and plan to get it wrapped anyway, then get black since the color is free.

No idea what a high quality wrap goes for where you are, but a full body full color wrap is somewhere around double the cost of the paint upgrade from black to red (or said another way, 4-5k US or so), when I was looking at high end shops. Wrap clearbra was actually more than wrap vinyl.

@Clockwork - just curious if you have seen the Black Model 3 in person ? The Black with Xpel Stealth looks slick and unique to me. I know that a full exterior wrap with ppf is costly though. I thought I would never want a Black car until I was shopping for my NSX and saw a Black one. Eventually got Yellow, but only because I couldn't find a decent Black one.

With that said, I would wait to get the color I really wanted to avoid any regrets in the future...especially if you think you will always question your decision. Good Luck and any color you choose will be stunning !

@Clockwork - just curious if you have seen the Black Model 3 in person ? The Black with Xpel Stealth looks slick and unique to me. I know that a full exterior wrap with ppf is costly though. I thought I would never want a Black car until I was shopping for my NSX and saw a Black one. Eventually got Yellow, but only because I couldn't find a decent Black one.

With that said, I would wait to get the color I really wanted to avoid any regrets in the future...especially if you think you will always question your decision. Good Luck and any color you choose will be stunning !
Yes I've seen a black one in person. Though not a matte black one like the xpel stealth. I'd like to but I haven't.

I know I should wait. However, how long should I wait? It's been two months. I can wait a couple more weeks but I'm not sure I can wait two more months.

I ordered a Performance Red with White interior 55 days ago. There's no end in sight. Could be near the end of Q2, who knows (not Tesla). They've had a Black with White interior the whole time. Black is one of my least desired colours. Its a huge purchase and I really want Red. But I'm breaking down. The anxiety, the uncertainty, my enthusiasm for the whole thing is wearing down.

Can I be satisfied with black? Is it a good colour? I feel like it's the most common colour, and everyone says it's hard to take care of. The only thing anyone does to make it look any better is get a chrome delete and maybe a matte wrap. The latter is expensive and I think it makes it look like it's trying to be a Dodge muscle car or something. Is there something more interesting that can be done?

I'm worried if I give up on my choice it's going to make me sad every time I see a red one. I should stick to my first love, but it's getting harder.

Stick with it. Anticipation is half the fun.

White interior is nice, until it’s not ;)

Just think your car will be newer and probably have HW3 already in it. And they are constantly tweaking things for the better. 55 day old car surely doesn’t have HW3.

Stick with it. Anticipation is half the fun.

White interior is nice, until it’s not ;)

Just think your car will be newer and probably have HW3 already in it. And they are constantly tweaking things for the better. 55 day old car surely doesn’t have HW3.
It has been 67 days and waiting is ruining my life. Vacations we planned and booked time off for: Canceled. Every weekend, what are we doing? Heading to Vancouver? No. The buyer I had lined up for my current car: In jeaprody. How long do we have to wait? It's not just a little bit longer, based on what I can see I don't think it's likely until the end of Q2. Another 8.5 weeks from now. Your wait is over so it's finite, a complete package. If I had a date where I knew the car would show up I could wait for it. But I don't.

HW3 is just a thing I'll be given anyway. (maybe... we all know these people can't give us a spoiler let alone a computer upgrade)

It has been 67 days and waiting is ruining my life. Vacations we planned and booked time off for: Canceled. Every weekend, what are we doing? Heading to Vancouver? No. The buyer I had lined up for my current car: In jeaprody. How long do we have to wait? It's not just a little bit longer, based on what I can see I don't think it's likely until the end of Q2. Another 8.5 weeks from now. Your wait is over so it's finite, a complete package. If I had a date where I knew the car would show up I could wait for it. But I don't.

HW3 is just a thing I'll be given anyway. (maybe... we all know these people can't give us a spoiler let alone a computer upgrade)

If it makes you feel any better. When I demoed the model 3 they had two solid black with white interior P100D Model S for demos. People want to maximize that contrast. They looked real sharp.

I’d never want to own one myself but they really did look so rich looking. They were like $140k cars and they weren’t even metallic black. You don’t see them too often on the street either (usually red or blue) with white interior.

To be honest I like all colors except silver and pearl (because it’s not what I consider pearl like what I see on Audi’s or even Jeep GC). It’s some weird off white Tesla uses.

The OEM silver wheels look awful with the silver car IMHO.

Midnight, Blue, Black, and Red all look nice. White interior only works with Blue, Black or Red though. I’d never personally want that white interior even though it initially looks great. I would not want to have to pamper it, worry about what passengers are wearing (e.g. new jeans etc.) and cleaning etc. It’s still a car.

Simple things like tinting the windows and painting the calipers can help add some pop. I love the black on black, but to each their own. It just looks sleek to me. Is also a head turner, but feel like that's any Tesla ha. Chrome delete has never really been my thing... but I do get the appeal of it.

Also, it saved me $1k - $2k. Helped justify adding FSD.

Not sure if you're in touch with an advisor yet, but I'm happy to refer you to mine. He was able to find all my exact specs and around my location.

fGyZENc.jpg

vfincS0.jpg

Simple things like tinting the windows and painting the calipers can help add some pop. I love the black on black, but to each their own. It just looks sleek to me. Is also a head turner, but feel like that's any Tesla ha. Chrome delete has never really been my thing... but I do get the appeal of it.

Also, it saved me $1k - $2k. Helped justify adding FSD.

Not sure if you're in touch with an advisor yet, but I'm happy to refer you to mine. He was able to find all my exact specs and around my location.

fGyZENc.jpg

vfincS0.jpg
Thanks. I've been stalking all the forums and I've called every store in Canada. I'm confident a Red with White interior Performance Model 3 has not been delivered in over a month.

I ordered a Performance Red with White interior 55 days ago. There's no end in sight. Could be near the end of Q2, who knows (not Tesla). They've had a Black with White interior the whole time. Black is one of my least desired colours. Its a huge purchase and I really want Red. But I'm breaking down. The anxiety, the uncertainty, my enthusiasm for the whole thing is wearing down.

Can I be satisfied with black? Is it a good colour? I feel like it's the most common colour, and everyone says it's hard to take care of. The only thing anyone does to make it look any better is get a chrome delete and maybe a matte wrap. The latter is expensive and I think it makes it look like it's trying to be a Dodge muscle car or something. Is there something more interesting that can be done?

I'm worried if I give up on my choice it's going to make me sad every time I see a red one. I should stick to my first love, but it's getting harder.
Two tone Burgundy/Black Autoflex paint on Model3