Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 ultra red in reality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to see the highland m3 in the show room today for the first time and boy the ultra red looks gorgeous.

While i was happy i changed my order from stealth grey to ultra red, i am now rethinking if i should keep the white interior or switch to black.

i felt today that the black interior on the dual motor with the alcantra-like door covers looks more elegant and make the ambient light present as it passes through dark interior.

Anyone would like to share thoughts on how the ambient light looks with the black va white interior?

Reactions: Skavatar
I went to see the highland m3 in the show room today for the first time and boy the ultra red looks gorgeous.

While i was happy i changed my order from stealth grey to ultra red, i am now rethinking if i should keep the white interior or switch to black.

i felt today that the black interior on the dual motor with the alcantra-like door covers looks more elegant and make the ambient light present as it passes through dark interior.

Anyone would like to share thoughts on how the ambient light looks with the black va white interior?

I'm still struggling to understand car interiors are not black.

Loght colour interiors reflect ambiant light on their fabrics, dark interiors absorb it. Hence the more stunning lit interior at night will be white

Looks can be subjective so go with whatever floats your (not GC) boat :)

I stuck with stealth gray and black interior because that’s what I liked, but wouldn’t even try to convince anyone to do the same if they preferred another combo.

IMG_7415.jpeg

I ordered my Model X in Ultra Red and also debated about the interior color options. I went back and forth. I don't qualify for the credit, so it was not a factor in the decision. If I did, I would have no doubt gone for the black. White is nice, but it's not $10,000 nice.

The black looks very sharp with the Ultra Red, which has a tinted clear coat that gives it a slightly darker hue at an angle. It's really nice.
The black interior looks more luxurious, makes the cabin more airy and bright, and the contrast between red and white is always esthetically pleasing.

I went with Ultra Red / White Interior and pick up is tomorrow!