Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help me vet this car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
there is no such thing as a 70 that does not have AP1 hardware... you would have to activate it though it seems

that being said IMHO.. i think you can get something better for that kind of money... I think you are paying a premium for the low mileage but the car has really no options some of which for me would be a deal breaker...(roof, coil suspension) it looks like the total cost of the car is 76 K before shipping... take away 8-10 K in tax credits depending on where he lives and he is only into the car for 68 K (give or take)..that means about 10 K in depreciation in 2.5 years? Plus you are looking at less than 18 months of warranty... so add in $4200 for extended warranty and another 2-3 K for AP activation and your 57 K base base model is now up to 64 K... for that you could get a CPO or something with at least some more options and a significantly longer warranty

Personally i would not buy any Tesla without the ESA one thing can take you down and it is not worth the risk in my opinion regardless of miles... I know people here are divided on this but i think the majority are on the warranty side.

Also I had a 60 the other day as a loaner with coil suspension and 19s and I might be crazy but it felt like a rougher ride than my air suspension with arachnids. On the positive side it seemed plenty fast enough which i was kind of surprised about.

Lastly, i think you are a few months too soon... just like the P85Ds are right now, I feel like 70s and 70Ds will start becoming more and more available once 3 year leases start to expire. I think this model will be much more readily available in the coming months...

If these things are not deal breakers for you please at least ask about battery health... I am not a battery expert but low mileage does not necessarily mean the battery is in great shape.

To me this is a good deal for someone but not a great deal and it is easy to say to have patience but that is my recommendation.

hope this is helpful but for me i would pass on this one....IMHO of course

Oops 2 more questions... is this a private seller (hopefully yes) and why only interior pictures ?

Yes private seller and the exterior is black and flawless since it’s peactically new. But I have decided to pass. I may link the ad her for others who might want to purchase. I’ll check with the owner girst. Thanks for the input Markk.