TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help: My turn by turn stopped working....

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by nwdiver, Jul 6, 2018.

1. nwdiver

nwdiver Active Member

I'm on my way from NM to WA. After the supercharger in Albuquerque my car decided I need to find my own way. All other points it says a route cannot be found. I tried resetting more times than I can count. Called Service and they told me I needed hold the buttons until the Tesla logo reappear... still nothing. Power cycled the car... waited several minutes like service told me to.... still nothing.

Anyone got anything? Kinda flying blind here....

2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

This probably isn't going to work, but something similar happened to me on a road trip with a Model S.

Where when I entered in my destination I would just get the "processing" circle and it wouldn't find me a path.

No amount of reboots fixed it.

The only way I could fix it was turning off the trip planner. But, I don't even know if the Model 3 has a trip planner yet.

If I was in your shoes I'd toggle ever nav related option to see if any of them were the root of the issue. I also wouldn't be entirely surprised if it didn't start working again at a different local.

The navigation isn't exactly bullet proof to put it mildly.

3. Sprandt23

Sprandt23 Member

Yikes! Does it show any destination points at all? Like, only the first one and then everything after is not found. You could pull up evtripplanner.com and get your route and then use the nav to just get to one point at a time?

Also, maybe a reboot and getting out of the car to shut it down completely - I have heard that sometimes has an impact with glitches....

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Member

Do you have LTE coverage? I suspect that large portions of that trip don't have great coverage. Can you try routing to another closer point?

5. KArnold

KArnold Member

Or connect to your phone's wifi as a hotspot?