Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help needed: Never heard before rattle & coil noise from driver side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys. Had my M3 for two weeks now. Everything was perfect until a couple of days ago when strange noise started coming out of the driver side. Its quite subtle, but it is actually very noticeable.

Although the sound gets worse on uneven roads, it doesn't sound like a physical rattle that you would hear from other common M3 rattle noises. It sounds more like an electrical coil noise which is similar to what you would sometimes hear from the high speed phone charger. It comes out both manual driving and autopilot.

Does anyone have a similar experience? I tried everything from unhooking my phone charger to using a tone generator to replicate the sound on parking but no luck. No dash cam or other things installed. Any comment or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Took it to SC on 2 occasions - last time, they took the door panel apart & said they couldn’t find the source. However I haven’t heard it since then. To be exact, I believe the rattle was coming from the emergency door latch.