Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help please. Dropped some change behind the centre console door. How to get out.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did a dumb thing. Put some change on the centre console door and then opened the door. It dropped down and is now rattling around in never never land. Door works fine. How can I get at it to remove it.

Thanks in advance.

John and Angela.

Heh heh. Thought of that.

How do you pull the carpet off?

For the carpet wall up front, I used a plastic pry tool. Squeeze it into any seam and pull. It is connected by plastic clips.

full

• Informative
Reactions: Webeevdrivers
I just had the passenger side open to play with the air filters; there's a good chunk of open can-fit-your-hand-in space towards the front, and about under the cupholders there's a smaller space but you can look inside. I've never had the driver side open but I imagine it's similar.
Should be able to see a lot of that area, assuming the change fell down to the floor and isn't trapped somewhere in-between.

I just had the passenger side open to play with the air filters; there's a good chunk of open can-fit-your-hand-in space towards the front, and about under the cupholders there's a smaller space but you can look inside. I've never had the driver side open but I imagine it's similar.
Should be able to see a lot of that area, assuming the change fell down to the floor and isn't trapped somewhere in-between.

Thank you. Did you pull the carpet off to see what you saw or did you pull the trim?

The side carpet, as shown in slade037's post.

Related note, watch out for the little white clips that are on the backside of that carpet; they tend to pop off when you remove the carpet and might stay in their holes or fall somewhere.

Good to know. Two questions.

You did this from the passengers side right?

We’re the clips damaged or could you reattach them?

Thanks again

You can pull the carpet from the driver and passenger sides the same way. I did not brake any clips. If they fell out, out just attached them back in. I did not break any. I think it would be difficult to break them. Can't imagine them being very expensive to replace if you had to.

Well, got the little trim tool kit. Carpet was easy to take off as advertised. Unfortunately there is no access from the side to that part of the console. My guess is it (the console) must be completely removed and then “shook out”. No worries. I don’t seem to hear them moving around much now. They may have actually passed into another dimension. Either way, my car is worth at least one dollar and fifteen cents more than the next guy when the time comes for resale.

I’ll ask our ranger guy if he knows a way in. If not, meh.