Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to impossibly out of reach space inside M3 center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sorting out my parking meter change (yes, there are still coin-fed meters in service in many back-water locations) on the top of the flip-up lid of the console just ahead of the two drink holders in my 2019 M3, when I accidentally touched the forward edge. The lid popped open and several dozen coins disappeared into the crack and beyond reach. I was able to fish out a few with some surgical tweezers, but the bulk of them are trapped and hidden. I'm able to pivot the clever-looking hinges on the lid - they look like they should swing out of the way and allow access to the inside of the console. The coins rattle around in there (a lot) - otherwise I could probably talk myself into forgetting about them.

Some one please help - I've discovered more curse words than I ever knew were in my X-rated vocabulary.

Murray

I posted in another similar thread that I used a small inspection mirror with a magnet (available in most auto parts stores) with the mirror removed to retrieve a drill bit that fell into the area under the seats. Perhaps something similar can be used assuming it fits in the gap and the coins are magnetic (which they might not be).
If not magnetic, maybe something like a flat shim with adhesive tape on it? Can perhaps be something like cardstock and some painters tape looped over.

Or you may have to search for threads on how to disassemble your center console.

Last edited: