Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help retrieving earring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

I am hoping to get a little guidance here. Short version, my girlfriend dropped an earring between the seat and the arm rest/center console. It landed in the tiny space at the bottom edge of the plastic and the fabric flooring. When we tried to retrieve it, we pushed down slightly on the flooring and it fell into/underneath the plastic cover for the arm rest/center console.

I am guessing I will need to remove the passenger seat in order to really get access to the side of this thing, but any thoughts on how to remove the entire arm rest so I can retrieve this earring? Picture attached.

Many thanks for any thoughts/ideas for how to retrieve this thing.

Attachments

• center console flash.jpg
    center console flash.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 172
I can definitely try to get into it with the tools - The issue is that the earring has fallen underneath the plastic shielding for the center console, into what I can only assume is the void between the carpet and the underbody.

Pull the back of the center console off. The back plastic is just held on by clips. It's a little stiff but it just pulls off. You can stick your fingers in the hole and possibly reach the earring if it fell towards the console.