Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my M3 but I HATE the floor mats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As my title says, I hate the Tesla floor mats. The part of the mat that covers the foot rest tends to fold and bunch up at the bottom because the mats are so thin. I looked into some high end carpet mats but none of them cover the foot rest. Tesla removed and discontinued the plastic foot rest cover and all the aftermarket covers I've found are designed to tape to the plastic rest. I know some people tape the rests to the carpet but that's janky.
Before anyone suggests them, I absolutely do not want any of the weatherproof floor liner mats that are available. I really just want some high quality carpeted mats and to have my foot rest covered to prevent carpet wear.

While writing this, I may have thought of a solution. I might be able to 3D print a base that clips into the stock footrest holes (they are supposedly still under the carpet) and then I can tape an aftermarket rest to that. 🤔

I don't have an issue with the standard carpet mats. How are yours bunching up? The OEM floor mats have an entire back of Velcro. They don't move at all.

It's kind of funny that people sometimes spend more money on floor mats than the cost of the carpet itself.

Reactions: sjkjs
Absolutely under no circumstances use a floor mat that folds and bunches. Bunched floor mats have been the cause of unintended acceleration in many cases, and has caused fatalities. In a car with as much instant torque as a Tesla, it's even more dangerous.

As others have said, get some good mats that you like. I bought "SUMK" from Scamazon and have been happy with them.

Absolutely under no circumstances use a floor mat that folds and bunches. Bunched floor mats have been the cause of unintended acceleration in many cases, and has caused fatalities. In a car with as much instant torque as a Tesla, it's even more dangerous.

As others have said, get some good mats that you like. I bought "SUMK" from Scamazon and have been happy with them.
Yes, that is what I'm trying to find...

I don't have an issue with the standard carpet mats. How are yours bunching up? The OEM floor mats have an entire back of Velcro. They don't move at all.

It's kind of funny that people sometimes spend more money on floor mats than the cost of the carpet itself.
Since the entire back is Velcro, if and when the mat scoots forward, the foot rest cover portion stays in place causing a fold at the bottom. When I notice the fold under my foot, I can't simply slide it back with my heel. I need to stop the car, peal the mat up and pull it back into place.
It's pretty frustrating.

Since the entire back is Velcro, if and when the mat scoots forward, the foot rest cover portion stays in place causing a fold at the bottom. When I notice the fold under my foot, I can't simply slide it back with my heel. I need to stop the car, peal the mat up and pull it back into place.
It's pretty frustrating.

Weird you have this issue with the OEM mats. I've had the car over 4 years and my OEM mats don't move at all. I literally have to peel them away from the floor when cleaning the car. I cannot move them even if I try. I wonder what's different about your mats or carpet.

Thank you for enlightening me to the non-issue and for the useless post. 🙄 I believe that I explained the issue appropriately.
Simply point me to a good aftermarket carpet floormat that covers the footrest... 😐
Again, really not that hard.

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Elegant Floor Mat (Black) for 2020-2023 Tesla Model 3 - Complete Set https://a.co/d/hnbXN2f

WENNEBIRD Superior Carpet Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017-2023, Premium All Weather Anti-Slip Waterproof Floor Liners Car Interior Accessories - Black Amazon.com

As my title says, I hate the Tesla floor mats. The part of the mat that covers the foot rest tends to fold and bunch up at the bottom because the mats are so thin. I looked into some high end carpet mats but none of them cover the foot rest. Tesla removed and discontinued the plastic foot rest cover and all the aftermarket covers I've found are designed to tape to the plastic rest. I know some people tape the rests to the carpet but that's janky.
Before anyone suggests them, I absolutely do not want any of the weatherproof floor liner mats that are available. I really just want some high quality carpeted mats and to have my foot rest covered to prevent carpet wear.

While writing this, I may have thought of a solution. I might be able to 3D print a base that clips into the stock footrest holes (they are supposedly still under the carpet) and then I can tape an aftermarket rest to that. 🤔

It sounds like you're on a quest for the perfect floor mats, and I can totally relate to wanting something that not only protects but looks and feels great too. You might want to explore Tesery's collection of Tesla floor mats.

They offer high-quality options that could potentially address the concerns you have with the stock ones. And hey, your idea of 3D printing a base for the footrest sounds pretty innovative! Sometimes, the best solutions come from our own creative thinking.

Again, really not that hard.

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Elegant Floor Mat (Black) for 2020-2023 Tesla Model 3 - Complete Set Amazon.com

WENNEBIRD Superior Carpet Floor Mats for Tesla Model 3 2017-2023, Premium All Weather Anti-Slip Waterproof Floor Liners Car Interior Accessories - Black Amazon.com
Thanks but even though the bottom mats are more like what I'm going for, these aren't them. I guess a couple of decades of developing products and dealing with overseas CM's has made me predisposed to not proudly represent fake brands like WENNEBIRD or any of the other all caps letter jumbles found on Amazon.

Thanks but even though the bottom mats are more like what I'm going for, these aren't them. I guess a couple of decades of developing products and dealing with overseas CM's has made me predisposed to not proudly represent fake brands like WENNEBIRD or any of the other all caps letter jumbles found on Amazon.
The Maxpider 3D mats are really nice. The “3D” logo doesn’t bother me at all. After all, my car is a Model 3D(-ual motor Performance)!

The trunk mat is great too.

It sounds like you're on a quest for the perfect floor mats, and I can totally relate to wanting something that not only protects but looks and feels great too. You might want to explore Tesery's collection of Tesla floor mats.

They offer high-quality options that could potentially address the concerns you have with the stock ones. And hey, your idea of 3D printing a base for the footrest sounds pretty innovative! Sometimes, the best solutions come from our own creative thinking.
Thanks but your mats are still too All Weather for me.

Reactions: Tesery
The Maxpider 3D mats are really nice. The “3D” logo doesn’t bother me at all. After all, my car is a Model 3D(-ual motor Performance)!

The trunk mat is great too.
The 3D Max logo is pretty annoying to me but I was referring to the WENNEBIRD. The issue I have with the 3D Max is that they are the thermoformed All Weather type mat that I don't want.

Are you actually researching, or are you just predisposed to your judgement that no one can meet your standards?
The 3DMaxpider Elegant floor mats are carpeted, not all weather. Hence the “Elegant” model.
Thanks but your mats are still too All Weather for me.

3D MAXpider Custom Fit Elegant Floor Mat (Black) for 2020-2023 Tesla Model Y - Complete Set https://a.co/d/7jF23Eq