Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my M3 but I HATE the floor mats!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our discussion has run it's course. Thank you
By the way, I agree that the OEM floor mats are almost laughably bad. Those and the 2018-2021 piano black plastic center console lids are the only 2 things about the car’s interior that actually felt “cheap” to me, despite the hysterical protestations of the Intarwebs’ conventional wisdom.

3D Maxpider mats addressed the former and a wood grain wrap fixed the latter for me.

By the way, I agree that the OEM floor mats are almost laughably bad. Those and the 2018-2021 piano black plastic center console lids are the only 2 things about the car’s interior that actually felt “cheap” to me, despite the hysterical protestations of the Intarwebs’ conventional wisdom.

3D Maxpider mats addressed the former and a wood grain wrap fixed the latter for me.
Luckily with the 22 I don't have that piano black. If I had an older model, for floor mats I'd get a set of Lloyds and be done with it since they had the footrest cover.
I guess the problem is that I was in the aftermarket auto industry for years and used to build show cars. I have my own idea of what I want in my car and thermoformed mats just aren't it. I want thick carpet. I have a fully built, for off road, Tacoma that has all weather mats LOL.

Luckily with the 22 I don't have that piano black. If I had an older model, for floor mats I'd get a set of Lloyds and be done with it since they had the footrest cover.
I guess the problem is that I was in the aftermarket auto industry for years and used to build show cars. I have my own idea of what I want in my car and thermoformed mats just aren't it. I want thick carpet. I have a fully built, for off road, Tacoma that has all weather mats LOL.
But “thick carpet” restricts throttle pedal travel!!! 😉

Hope you find the mats you’re looking for…

Those mats look really good. I used to have MaxPiders on my F-150, but those carpeted ones look way nicer. It's a shame the stupid logo leaves 2 holes if removed... which I did anyway. After I bought them, I remember another owner posted identical mats, but without any logo. Forgot details about that; oh well. I'd probably remove them again, since the mats will never have to hold any liquids. Thank you for the link.

Those mats look really good. I used to have MaxPiders on my F-150, but those carpeted ones look way nicer. It's a shame the stupid logo leaves 2 holes if removed... which I did anyway. After I bought them, I remember another owner posted identical mats, but without any logo. Forgot details about that; oh well. I'd probably remove them again, since the mats will never have to hold any liquids. Thank you for the link.
Was thinking that as well. With the carpeted mats, I don't expect liquid to pool anyways, so I'll remove the logos.