Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Tesla lost my HPWC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

I’m going a little crazy right now. I ordered a HPWC two weeks ago. Last Friday I followed up to ask for a tracking number as it seemed like delivery was taking a while, Tesla responded within 2 hours with a tracking number which said it has been delivered to a random guy in Manitoba (I’m in BC).

I responded telling them they must’ve looked up the wrong order, to which they responded that my parcel must’ve been lost by Fedex and they’re sending me a new HPWC in the next 48 hours (so by Monday this week). I sent them an email Monday to ask for a tracking number to make sure it had been sent, no response, another email on Wednesday, nothing. I sent them another email yesterday with no response.

I have an electrician waiting for me to finalize an install date, it I have no idea if my HPWC has even been sent.
With Tesla not responding to my emails, I have no idea what to do.

Any ideas?
• Does anyone have a phone number for the Tesla online shop support? I can’t find one anywhere
• Are you able to buy a HPWC at Tesla locations? I feel like I might just have to do that if possible and then return the one from online when it comes

Appreciate you help!

Good point, I'll try that. I just feel like it can't be the right tracking number... surely they didn't send my parcel to someone 1,000 miles away? How could that even happen?
Called FedEx, they said the address and name on the parcel wasn’t mine and they have nothing in their system going to my name or address.

Still no responses to my emails....

I just had this same thing happen last month. I ordered a WC online. The Tesla shop sent it 'priority overnight' via FedEx. The tracking just fell off the map somewhere in the middle of the US. Called FedEx.. after several days, they couldn't find the package ANYWHERE. I emailed Tesla, they totally shruged me off and said "go talk to FedEx". Went back to FedEx, and they still couldn't find it after two weeks now. So I filed a claim with FedEx. A week later, they approved the claim, but since Tesla was the shipper, they were sending Tesla a check for $532.50. I tried to tell them, some random clerk at Tesla isn't going to know why they received a check from FedEx. After emailing the online shop@tesla email address EIGHT TIMES with all the details, including the settled claim documents from Tesla, and beggin them to please call or email me -- I still NEVER GOT A SINGLE RESPONSE FROM TESLA.

At this point, it's more than a month since I ordered the WC. I finally went to the 'executive escalation' form on the TESLA ACCOUNT page, told my sorry tale, and got a call back the next day. One week later, a $532.50 credit appeared on my credit card account, at which point I re-ordered another WC. But this time, the Tesla shop send it FedEx GROUND and took 10 days to get delivered.

So it takes perseverance. Try the 'executive escalation' form on the Tesla Account page. Good luck.

At this point, it's more than a month since I ordered the WC. I finally went to the 'executive escalation' form on the TESLA ACCOUNT page, told my sorry tale, and got a call back the next day. One week later, a $532.50 credit appeared on my credit card account, at which point I re-ordered another WC. But this time, the Tesla shop send it FedEx GROUND and took 10 days to get delivered.

That is bloody ridiculous. Tesla needs to take care of folks better than that.

Frankly, I would not have gone as far as you. I would just have contested the charges on my credit card and been done with it if they were not being responsive. If they can't prove they delivered the unit to you then the credit card company will rule in your favor... I promise you chargebacks will get someones attention a lot faster than complaining to the contact center. ;-)

Obviously you wanted/needed your HPWC but hopefully you could have just ordered another one (unless they banned you for chargebacks...)

I would just have contested the charges on my credit card and been done with it if they were not being responsive. If they can't prove they delivered the unit to you then the credit card company will rule in your favor...

If it was a regular credit card or AMEX, that's what I would have done. But it was though a Paypal debit card... and from previous experience, I know PayPal HATES chargebacks, and will do everything in their control to fight it.. and in the mean time, my account would have a mark against it for such activity. And I use that account for several different business things, I didn't want to jeopardize my current status.

So I went the other way and it took longer, but I got resolution in the end.

Sure, it has its downsides, but if you want to get paid for anything online these days, it's the most accepted way to do it. There are better alternatives like Flint and Braintree (owned by Paypal, BTW), but Paypal has such a huge installed base, it's very hard to just ignore it and lose potential sales.
Oh, if I were a vendor, I might accept it, but as a consumer it's pure poison.