Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help! Tire is leaking & can't find lug nut cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2019 model 3 performance with the 20 inch wheels. This is the first time I've had need to remove wheel and the owners manuals says a lug cover removal tool is in glove compartment. But I don't see one in my glove compartment. Is there any other hack to get the cover off or do you think tire shops will be able to remove or should I try to borrow one from another Tesla owner then order one from Tesla. Wonder how long that would take. Any advice would be helpful.

I have a 2019 model 3 performance with the 20 inch wheels. This is the first time I've had need to remove wheel and the owners manuals says a lug cover removal tool is in glove compartment. But I don't see one in my glove compartment. Is there any other hack to get the cover off or do you think tire shops will be able to remove or should I try to borrow one from another Tesla owner then order one from Tesla. Wonder how long that would take. Any advice would be helpful.

If you're careful, just use a small thin bladed flathead screwdriver to pop the lug nut cover off. Just try not to gouge the wheel coating, that's all.

I also have used a plastic "spudger" tool from my electronics kit.

They work just fine; the lug nut cover "tool" is just an l-shaped piece of thin metal - think a thick paper clip - so you reduce the risk of scratching the wheel.

I bought some of these from amazon. link: hub remover

IMG_1203.jpeg

Reactions: m a x i m u s
My 2019 was also missing the removal tool
When I inquired about it at the service centre they told me it had been discontinued
and you could pull them off with your hands

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy