Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help understanding referral award

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please help! I own an S and referred myself for a P3D+. The 3 was ordered on 8/25/18 and delivered on 10/8/18. My understanding is that the single referral award for the S is either the Model S for Kids or the Signature Wall Connector based on the 8/1/18 to 9/18/18 program.

Here is what I see in my loot box but it doesn't reflect an award for the delivery:

How do I select the award?

Should look something like this, although your status would be different.

Attachments

• D1A34B5D-4BCE-4D8C-BD21-3D835695CF58.jpeg
    D1A34B5D-4BCE-4D8C-BD21-3D835695CF58.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 106
FYI unless you want the Model S for kids (I don't think anyone has seen a signature wall connector) this will be your first of many frustrations with the referral program. And the only reason you might get a kids MS quicker than anything else is because it's handled by a 3rd party. I've earned plenty of referral awards but only seen about half of them while others vanished from my account. The only reason I even received a few of the items I earned is because I was willing to trade emails over many months with random people (not the same person handling things) to sort out what they thought I still deserved. And I'm still waiting for several awards.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, I'm pretty sure the program is understaffed and like many things Tesla a target date is just a vague general reference that you can usually add a year or more to ...

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
I also wasn't able to open the image you posted, "You do not have permission to view media within this album." - Try attaching the image to your post using the "Upload an Image/File" instead of adding it to an album in your profile.

FYI unless you want the Model S for kids (I don't think anyone has seen a signature wall connector) this will be your first of many frustrations with the referral program.
I have a signature wall connector, referral took delivery 12/2017 and the wall connector was delivered in 7/2018, but most of that delay was from them pushing back the start of production of them. It was supposed to be "Spring 2018", I'd hope that now they are in production the delay will be shorter.

Here is the image again - thanks for the tip.

I’ll give them a call. I can understand waiting but it seems that the system isn’t reflecting that I should even receive an award.

Attachments

• 842DF5B7-CC8C-4B4D-B1B7-83B31AF55593.png
    842DF5B7-CC8C-4B4D-B1B7-83B31AF55593.png
    233.4 KB · Views: 78
After a March 2018 referral I ordered a charger and received promise after promise of delivery. Finally, since I promised the charger to a friend who was taking delivery on a new Model S in early November, I kept calling and emailing, and finally received a standard silver charger by overnight FedX so that my friend could get it installed in time for delivery. Tesla customer service cannot be believed and are a weak link in the Tesla organization.

I also wasn't able to open the image you posted, "You do not have permission to view media within this album." - Try attaching the image to your post using the "Upload an Image/File" instead of adding it to an album in your profile.

I have a signature wall connector, referral took delivery 12/2017 and the wall connector was delivered in 7/2018, but most of that delay was from them pushing back the start of production of them. It was supposed to be "Spring 2018", I'd hope that now they are in production the delay will be shorter.
My app says my signature wall connector was available starting "June 2018" which was pushed back from a previous "expecting" date.

Still waiting on a powerwall that originally was suppose be available in 2017 but was told due to the hurricane in Puerto Rico that everything was being sent there and my powerwall will be delayed. As a compassionate human and Tesla shareholder I'm cool with that but now my app says my powerwall will be available in 2019, so it's most likely when and if I receive a powerwall it will be more than 2 years after the promised date. That and according to the way I've understood my referral awards I earned 2 powerwalls but Tesla says I'm only getting one. Also I have a friend who put a deposit down more than a year ago and still hasn't received his powerwall, which he could have used recently due to blackouts caused by the recent CA fires.

My point is don't get your hopes up with referral awards.

If someone has an actual phone number for the referral awards program please share that since I've never been able to get anything from them besides a generic email address that seems like a black hole

Im in the same boat, my referral was delivered in sept. no option to order mini tesla. It thinks my reward is under the new program where 2 referrals are necessary to redeem. no response from tesla in months

Yes, exactly! I tried calling the regular support line yesterday, stayed on hold for about an hour, and gave up. Then sent an email via the my account page asking why I couldn't select my award.

...this will be your first of many frustrations with the referral program...the program is understaffed and like many things Tesla a target date is just a vague general reference that you can usually add a year or more to ...
My experience is that although they are understaffed, and it might be by design that the prizes take time to arrive, you don't have to pester them much, you just need to be patient.

My experience is that although they are understaffed, and it might be by design that the prizes take time to arrive, you don't have to pester them much, you just need to be patient.
So I just purchased an HPWC from someone who had an award....Tesla is shipping it directly to me. How long should I wait before I become nervous that I was scammed? I saw his Loot box and he had two awards, saw that it was planned to be shipped to me. Does it take long to change to "ordered" and I could get an updated picture from his Loot box? Overall how long is it taking to arrive if order now ie mid Dec? Anyone get one recently?
Thanks,
Dzm