Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help w/ Photo! Is this a NO-DRILL License Plate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everybody!

I'm thinking of purchasing this Used Vehicle, but not if the previous owner drilled into the Front Bumper for this license plate!

Can you well versed Teslamaniacs take a look at the photo and tell me, is this the adhesive no-drill plate from Tesla in the photo?

Thanks!

Justin
IMG_2729.jpeg
IMG_2730.jpeg
IMG_2729.jpegIMG_2730.jpeg
IMG_2729.jpeg
IMG_2730.jpeg

Yes. The default license plate mount that Tesla gives you is no drill. It is mounted using double sided sticky tape.

That's what I thought/confirmed...that Tesla does provide (front license plate states) the double-sided tape license plate holder that conforms to the front's contour...yet why do people still buy some (expensive and/or wacky/gimmicky) aftermarket front plate holders

Also me being in WI (anti-Tesla state), where Tesla won't have the license plate available on delivery day...I don't think I'll put mine on until I finally get stopped by police for not having it

He was just asking if that license plate holder is screwed into the bumper......

It is not that is the stock license plate holder it is just taped on and you can pull it off. There are no holes in the bumper. Purchase the car if that is what you needed to know.

Reactions: arnolddeleon