Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Choosing Center Console Wrap for SR+

Which Console Wrap looks better with the Partial Premium Interior Option 1 or Option 2

• Option 1

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Option 2

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the precut vinyl console wrap in matte black last night. It took me about ten minutes to do everything and the result was great. Watching the install video before i did it definitely helped get the fit and finish proper. I also ordered matte black abs covers for the wood dash and those were a simple peel and stick which is similiar to the abs console setup above(but thicker material). It also looks great.

I would avoid the plastic panel covers linked to here for two reasons.
1) Fear of not having it perfectly aligned.
2) Not having full coverage with it not wrapping around the edges.

I'm very OCD, so these might not bother others. However, vinyl wraps address both these issues since there is some excess, overlapping material which you then tuck into the crevices and/or fold around the edges using a squeegee. It completely conceals the piano black plastic and looks factory.

I got the one from Tesla Bros, which was much easier to install due to the "anchor" wings and backing material being in pieces. This allows you to install it one section at a time. Here's the link and a pic of mine (disregard the trash on the floor. I'm not a slob - those are the backing pieces I was tearing off as I went through the installation). :)

Model 3 Easy Center Console Wrap - Tesla Bros - Model 3 Accessories

Attachments

• CC060BCB-F09B-4B73-A746-112FF4D5D821.jpeg
    CC060BCB-F09B-4B73-A746-112FF4D5D821.jpeg
    362.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Helpful
Reactions: Stach
I would avoid the plastic panel covers linked to here for two reasons.
1) Fear of not having it perfectly aligned.
2) Not having full coverage with it not wrapping around the edges.

I'm very OCD, so these might not bother others. However, vinyl wraps address both these issues since there is some excess, overlapping material which you then tuck into the crevices and/or fold around the edges using a squeegee. It completely conceals the piano black plastic and looks factory.

I got the one from Tesla Bros, which was much easier to install due to the "anchor" wings and backing material being in pieces. This allows you to install it one section at a time. Here's the link and a pic of mine (disregard the trash on the floor. I'm not a slob - those are the backing pieces I was tearing off as I went through the installation). :)

Model 3 Easy Center Console Wrap - Tesla Bros - Model 3 Accessories

Wow. You did a nice job.

Reactions: Stach
I just installed the precut vinyl console wrap in matte black last night. It took me about ten minutes to do everything and the result was great. Watching the install video before i did it definitely helped get the fit and finish proper. I also ordered matte black abs covers for the wood dash and those were a simple peel and stick which is similiar to the abs console setup above(but thicker material). It also looks great.

Can you send a link for the dash cover? Maybe a pic of it too?? :D

got mine in (same-day shipping rocks!).

it looks really good, actually. its a 'water transfer' carbon fiber over a shaped (curved in all the right places) abs plastic base. it was well executed. its funny, I just swapped out a faceplate for an RF controller (quadcopter) for a fake carbon fiber one and it looks exactly the same; same plastic base, same water transfer and same matte clear finish over it. this is the url for that (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0824JY4S4) , not that its m3 or tesla related, but it shows the same formed plastic style with the 'water transfer' label overlayed. same look, same feel. I bet this process is done by lots of places in china, now. they're doing it really well, too.

I would not say its scratch proof but its going to wear much better than any sticky wrap. this won't bubble since its solid and pre-formed.

will take some photos tomorrow when its daylight out and I get a chance to 'mount' it. it does look like a true 5minute install job.

so glad I waited and did not get the vinyl wrap stuff. that would have driven me crazy, I just know it.

shipping was well done, too. each piece was put into a 'soft' plastic bag, sealed, stacked 3 together and put into a cardboard box. that box was put into a padded envelope that was shipped to me, amazon prime, same day. $40. overpriced but not so much that I said no ;)

yeah, $30 or even $15 for some of the lower priced ones, and a full hour or more, plus spraying soapy water all over, dealing with it, yelling, cursing, getting frustrated. don't need any of that, really ;)

if I can get this done for $40 and not hate it, I'm good with the price. especially if it wears well. I might get a spare to have on-hand, to change out maybe mid-way thru the car ownership. (these things come and go, by seller, so when I find things that work well, I often buy a 'shelf spare' to keep on hand.)

yeah, $30 or even $15 for some of the lower priced ones, and a full hour or more, plus spraying soapy water all over, dealing with it, yelling, cursing, getting frustrated. don't need any of that, really ;)

if I can get this done for $40 and not hate it, I'm good with the price. especially if it wears well. I might get a spare to have on-hand, to change out maybe mid-way thru the car ownership. (these things come and go, by seller, so when I find things that work well, I often buy a 'shelf spare' to keep on hand.)

which option did you choose? 1 or 2?

I'm with you. Just looks a lot simpler.

I used a different vendor. main reason: next-day shipping on that one ;)

btw, found yet another one, way way more expensive, but I like one feature it has: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZH3KDSL - has a cutout for the valet key card. I expect we'll see more versions with that feature, soon.

the new style where its an abs plastic base and has a transfer pattern applied to it - that seems to be the new thing that's just now reaching the market. I suspect the vinyl kits will get price reduced and EOLd soon (just a guess) as people try the plastic rigid versions, instead.

I'm going to install my $40 version today. what I'm still not sure of: they didn't give enough of the red 3M tape on the back and I'm not sure if I should go to the hardware store and add more to the back or just install as-is. will take a photo when I get a chance.

also wondering how hard it will be to remove, later, and if it will leave residue from the 3M tape. I might try some light tack shelf paper as a middle layer; put that over the brand new factory piano console plastic, then undo just a few of the sticky foam 3M strips that the vendor pre-installed on the abs base and see how that goes.

that one is glossy, if you can trust their photo.

price is good and the cutout seems ok.

looks like 'the mold is out' (and well copied by vendors) so we'll see this new style hitting the market and I do think it will replace the film style kits.

the one I ordered (and have now, in its box) does not have that 4th top strip. I wonder if that matters much. most kits do have the 4 pieces, and I didn't notice that until now.

I didn't do the best job aligning the top panel, but the other 2 looks spot-on, to me.

the cup holder part was actually the easiest as it fit right into place, almost snapping into place.

I think there was enough 3M tape on it, so I just used what came on the back.

if you don't get it right the first time, you can remove it and reposition.

as for the top 4th piece, don't care anymore ;) no one is going to look up there and its not enough to justify sending this one back.

the matte finish is great; its hard to see in the photos, but its a soft matte finish, so its fairly anti-reflective.

thumbs up for this one.

I didn't do the best job aligning the top panel, but the other 2 looks spot-on, to me.

the cup holder part was actually the easiest as it fit right into place, almost snapping into place.

I think there was enough 3M tape on it, so I just used what came on the back.

if you don't get it right the first time, you can remove it and reposition.

as for the top 4th piece, don't care anymore ;) no one is going to look up there and its not enough to justify sending this one back.

the matte finish is great; its hard to see in the photos, but its a soft matte finish, so its fairly anti-reflective.

thumbs up for this one.

I think it looks great. Nice job. I don't see anything wrong with top panel. As far as that top strip goes nobody looks up there like you said.

if you are there, in person, you can tell there's a slight angle on the top (phone charger/usb area) lid. I aligned the bottom edge, where it swings up, but the top was slightly off. no matter, you'd have to really look for it to see it.

using your fingers to feel the edges being equal, helped me a lot. at my age, my eyes are not as useful but I can still feel edges and make the two sides pretty much equal. I just didn't do that on the top panel, for some reason; maybe I rushed too much.

as for the 'missing' valet key area, I will go with this version for now. very smooth and no distracting lines. if I need to 3d print a valet 'tray', I can do that and not feel bad about using some double stick tape to keep that attached to the new fake CF surface.

btw, that J-adapter holder was not part of this; I've had that for a few months. also from amazon. the charger adapter fits into a special spot that is made precisely for it. you still need a cloth or something between them so that they don't rattle as you drive.

btw, found yet another one, way way more expensive, but I like one feature it has: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZH3KDSL - has a cutout for the valet key card. I expect we'll see more versions with that feature, soon.

This one has key card cutout too and cheaper @ $32.99 with Prime shipping.
https://www.amazon.com/aspeike-Center-Console-Protector-Plastic/dp/B082VVXQKK/

This first one is way more expensive because it is real carbon fiber vs the cheaper one with fake "water transfer" CF over ABS plastic. The real carbon fiber has an actual cutout (instead of just a cardholder) because actual carbon fiber blocks the keycard signal

RPM Tesla also sells a real CF cover
Model 3 Center Console Carbon Fiber Molded Cover Gen. 2 - From $ 199
and a fake CF cover
Model 3 Center Console Plastic Cover - Carbon Fiber Coated- (4 Pieces Gen.2) From $89
They also have a matte black and white pearl options. They probably all come from the same manufacturer in China