Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Choosing Center Console Wrap for SR+

Which Console Wrap looks better with the Partial Premium Interior Option 1 or Option 2

• Option 1

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Option 2

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just installed the BMZX one posted by @sa012. I’m pretty happy with the results! I used a Kenriko wrap kit on my previous Model 3. I was happy with that but and this was much easier to install.

I don’t mind that it doesn’t cover the edges and it feels way more professional than vinyl. It feels soft to the touch and seems it seems to hide smudges/scratches better than the vinyl. Mine did come with a few tiny nicks in the cup holder piece. I reached out to the seller, hopefully they send me a replacement

361163A1-F4AC-43EF-AD0E-D7D8998B2957.jpeg E5472C9D-EF05-4AEE-965F-562FE8C6B876.jpeg 7F165817-93D8-4BEF-8D28-AF9061B76020.jpeg C86B3439-11D2-4199-B479-FA4C36812CBB.jpeg E20581E0-240A-4805-8167-070B21622156.jpeg

I just installed the BMZX one posted by @sa012. I’m pretty happy with the results! I used a Kenriko wrap kit on my previous Model 3. I was happy with that but and this was much easier to install.

I don’t mind that it doesn’t cover the edges and it feels way more professional than vinyl. It feels soft to the touch and seems it seems to hide smudges/scratches better than the vinyl. Mine did come with a few tiny nicks in the cup holder piece. I reached out to the seller, hopefully they send me a replacement

View attachment 500246 View attachment 500251 View attachment 500250 View attachment 500248 View attachment 500252

I agree. Looks real nice. Love how it looks with seats and armrest. From the pictures I can't see any nicks but looks great.

yes. that's EXACTLY how mine came. nicely pre-formed ABS from a mold. they finally got good molds and this will be all the rage, I bet ;)

we can even try doing our own vinyl over these, as blanks, sort of, and not have to do it in-place, like before.

I could just not see myself doing the sticker thing over my console. too many failed attempts, from the reviews I've read. I ordered the vinyl twice and returned it twice (left it in amazon locker and changed my mind, lol). I could not bring myself to *install* the thing. for fear. fear of not getting it good enough.

these pre-made things are Good Enough(tm).

ha! you got the four-piece kits, I see. nice.

yeah, these things are going to make our lives easier. when I get bored of the fake CF, I might switch to the flat color version that was posted. it does not look like it will be hard to remove these if we want to change them out.

I agree. Looks real nice. Love how it looks with seats and armrest. From the pictures I can't see any nicks but looks great.

Thanks! I do wish they had a 4th piece for the top but I guess you can’t really see that part. A piece of vinyl wrap for the dock would be nice too. I’m gonna try to get that from one of the wrap companies.

The nicks are really small (see attached pics). You don’t notice them unless you look carefully but you can feel them. The vendor got back to me right away and will send me a replacement in a few weeks (they are on holiday). They also gave me a small refund for the delay. Great customer service so far.

2447702C-0F52-45EB-9158-260C7B410190.jpeg 2EFD7E48-551A-4B9C-A3CA-B69F727F6C94.jpeg

Last edited:
I didn't do the best job aligning the top panel, but the other 2 looks spot-on, to me.

the cup holder part was actually the easiest as it fit right into place, almost snapping into place.

I think there was enough 3M tape on it, so I just used what came on the back.

if you don't get it right the first time, you can remove it and reposition.

as for the top 4th piece, don't care anymore ;) no one is going to look up there and its not enough to justify sending this one back.

the matte finish is great; its hard to see in the photos, but its a soft matte finish, so its fairly anti-reflective.

thumbs up for this one.

Very nice. ;)

One question, can I still use the key card if I put this on? TIA

I'm partial to the matte faux CF, but I'm guessing if I put it in, I'll immediately need to replace the wood trim, anyone done that yet? Was never a huge fan of CF (especially fake) but agree that the patterning breaks up the dark monotony of the interior and hides fingerprints better. . .

I want to thank everyone again for helping me choose. I went with Option 2. Liked the way it looked with the seats and armrest. Also, the seller was great and sent me another sent when a piece had a defect. Was a piece of cake installing. Yeah you may see a sliver of the gloss but doesn't bother me. Highly recommend.

Attachments

• IMG_8236.JPG
    IMG_8236.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_8238.JPG
    IMG_8238.JPG
    270.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8237.JPG
    IMG_8237.JPG
    325.4 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: linux-works
This is
I've been going back and forth on whether to install either option of a console wrap or plastic covers as the OP has shown here. The biggest issue is that in most (all?) of the various photos I've seen so far (in various threads and reviews), the fit and finish of the console panels/covers do not appear 100% perfectly aligned from one panel to the next. This would really bug me and I think the standard black gloss surfaces tend to help hide alignment imperfections and uneven seams between panels.

To those who have installed either wraps or covers, am I right or do all the photos make it appear wonkier than it actually is?
This is what I’m concerned with. I’ve seen some where the cut was off on a bottom corner. I want to go with an amazon one for cost wise but I know the rpm products would be perfect alignment

sigh - part of the 'tesla experience' is to own an american car that was built with the same body panel gaps that old 1980's american cars had ;(

tesla has a ways to go before they are as good as the established players that know how to bend and mount metal to frames.

there are so many fitment issues inside my cabin, obsessing on the console panel gaps is not productive.

on mine, I didn't center the top piece well enough - so that was my fault and not the vendor. all the rest of the gaps were from TESLA, not the vendor!