Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with recent home connector install

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Help with Tesla wall connector mounting

Hi! So I recently got a Tesla wall connector installed outside my garage. I’m concerned about the height though. It seems too high for me. The top of the back plate is currently at 61 inches off the ground. Tesla recommends 45-48 inches. Also it’s not centered to the light, but unsure if that’s due to framing or not. Should I bother having it moved? The concern would be the hole left behind in the brick. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_4524.jpeg
    IMG_4524.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 29
The conduit comes through two locations on the back plate. Yes, your installer likely placed it to dodge the studs in the wall as well as should have picked the wire inlet to make it as centered as possible. If they didn't pick the best wire inlet it could be slid over about 2 inches. Height I wouldn't worry about unless it was so high you couldn't reach it, etc. I think it looks pretty clean as-is. I hate it when people have conduit coming out of a wall and then turn into the connector, doesn't look as clean... If you are handy you can shut off the power, remove the two screws on the top of the unit, pull off the front and look and see how the wire comes in.

Is it worth having them come out and lower the unit by like 6 inches? I think if i keep it at 6 inches the previously drilled conduit hole will still be covered by the back plate. My wife is 4’10 so having it lower would be better.

Help with Tesla wall connector mounting

Hi! So I recently got a Tesla wall connector installed outside my garage. I’m concerned about the height though. It seems too high for me. The top of the back plate is currently at 61 inches off the ground. Tesla recommends 45-48 inches. Also it’s not centered to the light, but unsure if that’s due to framing or not. Should I bother having it moved? The concern would be the hole left behind in the brick. Thoughts?
It’s fine! I would just leave it like that. I agree with other comments pertaining to keeping the loops off the ground. There does not seem to be any set rules about the height, other than you should be able to reach it. Lol.

Is it worth having them come out and lower the unit by like 6 inches? I think if i keep it at 6 inches the previously drilled conduit hole will still be covered by the back plate. My wife is 4’10 so having it lower would be better.
I think that depends entirely how inconvenient it actually is for your wife. If she can comfortable manage getting the cable on and off, I wouldn't bother.

Of course, personally, I would have never mounted it outside. I would have made room inside for the car instead.