TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Help with Window Calibration

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Struja, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Hey folks. I've got an ongoing issue with my passenger side window not fully closing.

You know how when you close your door the window closes the last 1/2 inch or so... well that isn't happening in my car.

This first occurred a few months ago and I set up an appointment with Tesla and I got a text message from them for Window Calibration. Here is what Tesla service said to do...

"To Calibrate any window, please press and hold the window switch until the window is completely open and then keep the switch held there for 5 seconds. Then close the the window and hold the switch for another 5 seconds when it reaches the top. After your repeat this procedure 4 times, the window should be recalibrated".

I tried that procedure months ago and it didn't work but I found another way which corrected the problem.

I know that online, I've found at least 3 other methods of recalibrating the window, but I've tried them all and still nothing. . This has happened to me twice before and I got it to work and I know 100% that it worked when I didn't follow the Tesla procedure but someone I found online. Does someone have another procedure to follow.

My S is a 2016 90D refresh, with 2020.20.1 (AP1, MCU1), if that helps.

2. Hawkhandler

Hawkhandler Member

Following this thread. I have the exact same trim level and year. My driver's side window actually closes too much if that makes sense. When i'm on the freeway there is too much wind noise but if i tap the switch an infitesimal amount to get the window to come down about 1mm then the road noise goes away. would love to not have to do that every time i get in the car.

3. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

@Hawkhandler - I didn't get any responses but thankfully the SC was able to take my car in today (I am at the SC right now - waiting on the repair). I will let you know how it goes.

4. Struja

Struja "Fanboy"

Turns out there was a problem with the door latch not communicating to the car, so the car was not recognizing that the door was actually closed and hence, the window would not fully close the last 1/2 inch.