Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HEPA filter included FREE for X Configs close to PUP 7/18 upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery of my X, which was configured 2 days prior to the mandatory PUP inclusion and $3000 price increase. I was hoping that since the manufacturing was going to be streamlined, that they would go ahead and include some PUP things in my build as well, and it seems like they did! I really only would've liked the PUP for the HEPA filter and upgraded audio, and I can now confirm that the HEPA filter was included n/c as I opened up my brand new X to install an Amazon filter, only to see that one was already there :)

So anyone that recently is having their X delivered prior to the PUP mandatory upgrade, you may not need to order a filter for HEPA as one might already have been installed!

In addition, my previous S had upgraded audio, and I had a loaner one week prior to my X delivery that did not have upgraded audio. The loaner speakers were pretty terrible, with all settings on high, it def didn't have the same punch as my S. But with my X, it's the same audio quality, so I don't know if they also went ahead and included the upgraded audio as well. If not, then I'm def still happy with the base audio.

Happy to say my delivery went well, Tesla is still doing a lot of things right, I'm glad I read a lot of horror stories as I brought 3 people with me to my delivery and some things were found, but luckily they were addressed within 30mins (uneven wheel wells, loose plastic on FWD, scuffs on central a/c". Love my new X

Reactions: Bogobec
Nice. Do you have BioDefense mode in the AC?

It's interesting that you mentioned the X w/o premium audio sounds worse than S w/ premium. As far as I know the S w/ prem is just on par with X w/o prem.

No biodefense mode that I see on ac settings. The audio on my X is on par with my premium audio on my S, so I dunno if they went ahead and included that as well. What I was trying to say was it’s definitely better than an S without premium, which is what a loaner was missing that I was driving one week prior to delivery.

Seems like everything that can be software enabled is turned off, nonperforated seats, no rear heated seats or self presenting doors. Just seems like they gave me what I really wanted which was audio and Hepa filter. All DIYs on how to replace Hepa filters show an empty filter cabin but mine came with a filter inside and audio seems great

Nice. Do you have BioDefense mode in the AC?

It's interesting that you mentioned the X w/o premium audio sounds worse than S w/ premium. As far as I know the S w/ prem is just on par with X w/o prem.

I have 1 model S with standard UHFS, 1 Model S with an upgraded Light Harmonics & a SoundQubed sub, and a Model X with standard... they all sound about the same, except the Light Harmonics equipped one has better bass. Otherwise, there's no appreciable difference.

Reactions: outie
I have 1 model S with standard UHFS, 1 Model S with an upgraded Light Harmonics & a SoundQubed sub, and a Model X with standard... they all sound about the same, except the Light Harmonics equipped one has better bass. Otherwise, there's no appreciable difference.
Weird, cuz my S was 2013, and the loaner was 2018 S75 without upgraded audio and the audio was pretty terrible compared to my 2013 S. Had everything maxed out on settings and even then I’d have to turn it up to 9 just to get equivalent to 6 on my S. the X is more like my 2013 S even though I didn’t get the upgraded audio this time

Very interesting, I ordered my MX without PUP on 15/7 but still waiting for production.
HEPA and premium audio was the only elements of PUP I'd like to have but for me don't worth the 6k.
So already good news for HEPA.
For Audio, how can we check that premium audio is installed? Perhaps can you check if there's a subwoofer in the right side of the trunk?

Hmm..i'll look. My S didn't have a subwoofer even though it had premium audio, I feel like even if it doesn't have it however, the sound quality is really good and not noticeable vs my 2013 S premium audio, but very noticeably better than an 2018 S without premium audio

Weird, cuz my S was 2013, and the loaner was 2018 S75 without upgraded audio and the audio was pretty terrible compared to my 2013 S. Had everything maxed out on settings and even then I’d have to turn it up to 9 just to get equivalent to 6 on my S. the X is more like my 2013 S even though I didn’t get the upgraded audio this time
What you described is consistent with the general consensus that the S with premium audio is on par with X without premium audio.

I just took delivery of a Model S (after manditory PUP crossover built but ordered without PUP) The car has no sub but the speakers seem to be much better especially in the low frequencies than my previous 2017 Model S. I'm wondering if the standard speakers are a new type or if this improvement is just do do with it being an MCU2 AP2.5 car rather than an MCU1 AP2 car

Reactions: callmehere