TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Hi from Hoover, AL

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mcocjg, May 16, 2018.

1. mcocjg

mcocjg New Member

Recently received my VIN for a model 3-- found this website. Looking to ask some questions and learn more.

Anyone have a recommendation for an electrician(in the Birmingham, AL (Hoover, AL) area to install a plug in my garage? What should does everyone recommend. Drive 60-70 miles a day.

• Like x 1
  2. 1speed

1speed Member

Did you ever get your plug setup? I used PowerUp electric. Others have Used On Time Electric. Both of them are listed as “official” on Tesla’s website. Freedom Heating and Cooling seemed to indicate on the Facebook group that they could do it the cheapest. I just got a standard NEMA 1450. If I had to do it again I’d get a HPWC installed and I may upgrade it at some point (if we get a second Tesla).