Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi I have these codes, can someone help me find out what this is? Thank you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_1035.jpg

GTW-w018
GTW-w017
BMS-u008
BMS-w008
BMS-w107
BMS-f107
I have/had similar codes:
BMS_f107.jpg

You can find more info about messages through service mode.

BMS_w107 / BMS_f107 turned out to be due to a loose voltage sense / balance wire (between brick 3/4 in module 11 in our car):
IMG20230403185755.jpg

The wire has been fixed and the module has been balanced. Next week the battery pack will be reassembled again.

Still trying to find out which UDS codes or Tesla toolbox procedure would be needed to clear f107.

Limp mode (BMS-u008) and the gateway (GTW) warnings (I would assume) are a result of the battery issue.

Upvote 0
I have/had similar codes:
View attachment 926193
You can find more info about messages through service mode.

BMS_w107 / BMS_f107 turned out to be due to a loose voltage sense / balance wire (between brick 3/4 in module 11 in our car):
View attachment 926194
The wire has been fixed and the module has been balanced. Next week the battery pack will be reassembled again.

Still trying to find out which UDS codes or Tesla toolbox procedure would be needed to clear f107.

Limp mode (BMS-u008) and the gateway (GTW) warnings (I would assume) are a result of the battery issue.
Hello, were you able to find out which UDS codes or Tesla toolbox procedures are required to clear the f107 error?

Upvote 0
We used the Tesla Toolbox to clear the fault:

After clearing the fault, it did not come back anymore and we have almost driven 5000 km since then (after refilling the coolant) without issues. I would recommend to make sure that all wires a properly fixed.

Upvote 0
We used the Tesla Toolbox to clear the fault:

After clearing the fault, it did not come back anymore and we have almost driven 5000 km since then (after refilling the coolant) without issues. I would recommend to make sure that all wires a properly fixed.

Thank you for your response! Yes, I will check the wiring connection as my issue is almost identical to yours. After receiving errors w107, f107, and LimpMode. The BMS errors were exactly the same as yours. Then we opened the battery, but there are no traces of water or coolant. The voltage difference between the cells is 5 mV. Now there is hope to find the fault.

Reactions: Peter_P
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response! Yes, I will check the wiring connection as my issue is almost identical to yours. After receiving errors w107, f107, and LimpMode. The BMS errors were exactly the same as yours. Then we opened the battery, but there are no traces of water or coolant. The voltage difference between the cells is 5 mV. Now there is hope to find the fault.
Were you able to get your issue resolved? I have a car that is doing exactly the same thing; f107 and won't drive. Mine is similar to yours also in that the BMS readout only shows 9-10mV indifference. I will try to use Toolbox (My first time, wish me luck) to clear the faults like the linked article above and see if it gets me anywhere.

I had a voltage sensing wire come off of a brick on another car a few months ago and it behaved totally different. The battery percentage kept changing and the warning sound kept going off in the car. With this new one, I'm getting none of that so I'm hopeful that clearing it with Toolbox will have an effect.

Upvote 0
Were you able to get your issue resolved? I have a car that is doing exactly the same thing; f107 and won't drive. Mine is similar to yours also in that the BMS readout only shows 9-10mV indifference. I will try to use Toolbox (My first time, wish me luck) to clear the faults like the linked article above and see if it gets me anywhere.

I had a voltage sensing wire come off of a brick on another car a few months ago and it behaved totally different. The battery percentage kept changing and the warning sound kept going off in the car. With this new one, I'm getting none of that so I'm hopeful that clearing it with Toolbox will have an effect.
keep me informed of what you do here: on my side i have exactly the same problem;
bms_f107 and bmw_w107 but all cell voltage seem correct with only 20mv of imbalance (by the past, i have 30mv of imbalance without problem.

il will try too to reset these erros to see what hapenned... or ... could be a Main board BMS problem ??

Upvote 0
keep me informed of what you do here: on my side i have exactly the same problem;
bms_f107 and bmw_w107 but all cell voltage seem correct with only 20mv of imbalance (by the past, i have 30mv of imbalance without problem.

il will try too to reset these erros to see what hapenned... or ... could be a Main board BMS problem ??
So what I did was I just purchased a 1 day Toolbox subscription and I used that to clear the f107 fault. The car has been running and driving without issue since then, I definitely don't trust it so I'm keeping an eye on it. If it fails again, I'm hoping it will be more obvious where the issue is because, just like yours, there was no imbalance issue or missing brick voltage reading from the BMS or anything so I didn't have a clear direction to go in if I opened the battery. Anyways, I'll just keep driving the car to see if it ever complains again.

Upvote 0
So what I did was I just purchased a 1 day Toolbox subscription and I used that to clear the f107 fault. The car has been running and driving without issue since then, I definitely don't trust it so I'm keeping an eye on it. If it fails again, I'm hoping it will be more obvious where the issue is because, just like yours, there was no imbalance issue or missing brick voltage reading from the BMS or anything so I didn't have a clear direction to go in if I opened the battery. Anyways, I'll just keep driving the car to see if it ever complains again.
ok, as soon as i have time, i will try this, i will tell you is this will work for me too... keep me psoted is you have new developpment in your side.

Upvote 0
ok, this day i clear w107 and f107 and the car is up and running ! .... the problem is : will it do the same again ? ... sand in this case , seem hard to know what we can do about this...

is it yet ok whith your car ? and so how many miles have you do since ?

thanks.

Upvote 0