Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hi, my name is ferrarimanf355, and I'm a convert

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used to be rather snarky about Tesla's chances for survival, having been a frequent commenter on Jalopnik and other like-minded enthusiast blogs. Then as 2012 came, and Model S production is coming soon, and I'm starting to drop my skepticism.

I think I'm starting to lust after a Model S.

Someone help me. Or feed my growing passion. I'm so confused.

Well, being here, you're most likely going to get your passion fed, but is it so bad to give into your desires?

Welcome :)
Well, I don't think it'll be bad to give in to my desires, but I don't have $95K in my bank account to buy a loaded Model S Performance with the wall charger, in dark green, and another $5K for a set of custom wheels and tires.

I need to finish writing that novel I'm working on, sell it, make a lot of money and then I can get one. Or a Model X. I'm so indecisive.

Clearly you've given this a lot of thought!

I know. If I suddenly get rich tomorrow, I know what I want.

Two stupid questions, though. One, where are the carbon fiber exterior accents on the Performance model? I hope the chrome bits on the door handles and rear hatch are retained. And two, is the wall charger portable? By that I mean, if I move to another house, can I take the wall charger with me, or do I have to get another one?

I know. If I suddenly get rich tomorrow, I know what I want.

Two stupid questions, though. One, where are the carbon fiber exterior accents on the Performance model? I hope the chrome bits on the door handles and rear hatch are retained. And two, is the wall charger portable? By that I mean, if I move to another house, can I take the wall charger with me, or do I have to get another one?

Welcome. I don't think people know where the carbon fiber will be exactly on the performance model yet but maybe someone here knows. The HPC is usually installed by an electrician (if that's what you mean by wall charger) but should be able to be moved. The car comes with the UMC which is a cable that allows you to charge on a 240V 50A circuit (NEMA 14-50 plug). The cable is portable of course. Would simply leave that plug there probably when you moved.

It's not permanently attached. It should take a competent electrician 15 minutes to remove it - but their minimum charge will bite you.
When you sell your home, negotiate the window coverings, the washer/dryer and the HPC.
However in a few years time the labor to pay the electrician to move the HPC will be more than the unit itself.

The aftermarket wheels I want are the HRE P40S model in 19" size.

P40S | HRE Performance Wheels

They're supposed to have less unsprung weight than the normal P40 wheels, so I think they would be good for range.

Those are beautiful wheels, but if you are going for range aerodynamics is more important than weight. I think that Tesla's 19" aero wheels, or an aftermarket "Bonniville speed record" or "Moon" style aero wheel should be better for range.

GSP