Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hidden feature included with Auto fold mirror setting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The recent update included a feature to auto fold mirrors at specific locations. Since I have a two-car garage and my other car is a Tundra, it is a little tight and the auto fold mirrors is nice. I have a home where the attached garage is actually used as an entry-exit 95% of the time. The Auto present doors are a very welcome feature of the MX. Use the feature continually--wow and convenience. BUT it was a painful aggravation that the door would open every time I took out the trash, walked into the garage or was entering the house through the garage. The door would open just as I passed or block my way through if I walked slower. I sent in several feature requests to disable the self presenting doors at specified GPS locations. Well after enabling the auto fold mirrors for my home Garage I no longer have self presenting doors banging into me as I pass through the garage. At least in my limited tests, that is the way it seems to be working at present. Anyone notice this in your MX?

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
It has always been the case if you manually folded the mirrors they wouldn’t open and close on fob presentation. So that is a side-effect of using autofold mirrors.

But the doors weren’t connected to this. Are you sure the door setting didn’t get reset with the new firmware load? Happens sometimes. I turned off autopresent doors over a year ago as I didn’t want the door presenting into oncoming traffic when parallel parking.

For those that use Homelink, note that you don’t need to set up a new ‘mirror autofold’ setting, you just go back to Homelink and check the new fold mirrors here setting. Works excellently!

I use autofold mirrors and like it. It's nice that the mirrors stay folded into position even when I walk by with FOB in hand. However, for me, the auto present driver's door still opens up...even with autofold mirror enables. Wish there was a setting to disable auto present door based on geolocation. Seems like that should be a fairly easy one to program.

• Love
Reactions: dogldogl
Okay, I was wrong. Self presenting doors still open in garage. Something is different but I have not put my finger on it. Big disappointment as this is a major conundrum for me--I love and use the SPD door feature but hate getting smacked by the door in my garage--Additionally I puts more wear and tear on mechanism-already had service replace the drivers door actuator once. Geo-locater control would be awesome. Sorry for the erroneous post--and dashed hopes.

• Funny
Reactions: forkee