Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto fold mirror problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My mirrors would fold when we enter our driveway and when we start to reverse out of the garage. I've had my 2023 MYP for 6 months and this started just a couple weeks ago. I don't have the auto fold mirrors settings set to on for my home location. Never enabled those settings. I do have Homelink, but never had it set to auto open/close doors. After trying a few things myself like rebooting car, I had mobile service come out. They did a full hard reset by hooking up their computer to my MYP and we tried some settings like enabling auto fold, using it, and then disabling it and trying again to no avail. The service guy was nice and I've been very happy with Tesla mobile service on this MYP and my previous M3, but he and the tech he was talking to had no clue. Never heard of this problem. Shortly after his visit I found the solution on Reddit and here it his:

When the car reaches the location (in my case my driveway), the "mirrors" button will say "auto-folding", and a little menu item will appear below it saying "location is saved" or something like that, and that item will be highlighted in blue. When you see that item, TAP it and then it will turn white and say something like "save this location", which means it has been unsaved. You have to tap it pretty fast as it's only on the screen for a second. Before I pulled into my driveway I had the auto fold mirror's menu showing on the screen so as soon as it auto folded the mirrors I could quickly tap the menu item below the auto-folding popup to change it from blue to white. I had to try this twice to change it to white as it's so fast. Since I've done this I haven't had the problem again.

My mirrors would fold when we enter our driveway and when we start to reverse out of the garage. I've had my 2023 MYP for 6 months and this started just a couple weeks ago. I don't have the auto fold mirrors settings set to on for my home location. Never enabled those settings. I do have Homelink, but never had it set to auto open/close doors. After trying a few things myself like rebooting car, I had mobile service come out. They did a full hard reset by hooking up their computer to my MYP and we tried some settings like enabling auto fold, using it, and then disabling it and trying again to no avail. The service guy was nice and I've been very happy with Tesla mobile service on this MYP and my previous M3, but he and the tech he was talking to had no clue. Never heard of this problem. Shortly after his visit I found the solution on Reddit and here it his:

When the car reaches the location (in my case my driveway), the "mirrors" button will say "auto-folding", and a little menu item will appear below it saying "location is saved" or something like that, and that item will be highlighted in blue. When you see that item, TAP it and then it will turn white and say something like "save this location", which means it has been unsaved. You have to tap it pretty fast as it's only on the screen for a second. Before I pulled into my driveway I had the auto fold mirror's menu showing on the screen so as soon as it auto folded the mirrors I could quickly tap the menu item below the auto-folding popup to change it from blue to white. I had to try this twice to change it to white as it's so fast. Since I've done this I haven't had the problem again.
Here's a screen shot to give an idea what it looks like. Change "Location Saved" from blue to white by tapping on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 4.24.21 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 4.24.21 PM.png
    350.1 KB · Views: 133
Not sure what you mean. I set my home address as home location for the car. I never checked to see what the phone said for my location.
See, that's just one problem that could cause the mirrors not to fold. If your app displays an incorrect address as to where the car is actually parked, that is what the car is sending to the app, meaning the car can misreport where it is. If your "home" address set in the car doesn't match where your phone says your car is, then it won't function properly because your car doesn't think it is at home yet. What I'm saying is, please check your Tesla app for location once your car is finally parked at home. Mine gets it incorrect at least 50% of the time. Hitting "Location" on the app, once at home (and assuming it is misrepresenting the address) can reset your car's location more precisely. That might help.

See, that's just one problem that could cause the mirrors not to fold. If your app displays an incorrect address as to where the car is actually parked, that is what the car is sending to the app, meaning the car can misreport where it is. If your "home" address set in the car doesn't match where your phone says your car is, then it won't function properly because your car doesn't think it is at home yet. What I'm saying is, please check your Tesla app for location once your car is finally parked at home. Mine gets it incorrect at least 50% of the time. Hitting "Location" on the app, once at home (and assuming it is misrepresenting the address) can reset your car's location more precisely. That might help.
No, that wasn't my issue. Did not have a problem with my home address.

Followed your instructions and they worked on my 2023 MYLR. Thanks.

Reactions: ocshellback