Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hideaway Front License Plate (Motorized)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I fooled one cop once. It’s very sturdy once deployed. Same cop pulled me over again a few months later and the trick didn’t work a second time. Those were the only two times in 10 years I was pulled over for no front plate.

Seems like a hard thing for a cop to spot. Other states don't have front tags, so if he sees your front tag is missing, he needs to see your rear tag to know you are in state. Do they really put that much effort into worrying about it?

Cops have a scanner thing on their cars to automatically read tags. Does that thing also tell them your car is missing a tag?

Seems like a hard thing for a cop to spot. Other states don't have front tags, so if he sees your front tag is missing, he needs to see your rear tag to know you are in state. Do they really put that much effort into worrying about it?

Cops have a scanner thing on their cars to automatically read tags. Does that thing also tell them your car is missing a tag?

In a two plate state like MA (unless you have the old green plates) I assume that most cops just take the mindset that every car should have a front plate. It seems silly to focus on but some do, luckily not too many.

For the Tesla I keep a removable plate in the trunk so if I'm pulled over I just say I forgot to put it back on after washing the car or a car show etc and here it is.

I just hate how a front plate looks on most cars...

Reactions: Akikiki