Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hideaway Front License Plate (Motorized)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: bcpm3p
I had one of these on my C6 Corvette for a number of years. I had one of the first units sold to use for test fitting and making a short demo video. It lasted for years without issue. It's a fairly simple but effective product. I always had the concern that I would rip it off but I never did. There was little front overhang on a C6. Regardless you still have to be very careful of curbs. Now if you use your car year round in the winter with road salt etc, I wouldn't plan on this thing lasting. Also, I only used it when I went in for a yearly state vehicle inspection. I really never needed it for cops. Maybe I just got lucky?

I did not put one on my Tesla, I decided that I didn't like the look of the rail that pretty visibly hangs down. I got one of these instead and I'll keep the plate in the trunk so I have it for inspections and to pop it on in hopes of just getting a warning if I get pulled over. The mounting block is pretty much hidden.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8WZPP4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I feel like if you were pulled over with this and then “pulled a fast one” on the cops they would clearly see it’s motorized and. E pissed off. Idk. Very cool though

I fooled one cop once. It’s very sturdy once deployed. Same cop pulled me over again a few months later and the trick didn’t work a second time. Those were the only two times in 10 years I was pulled over for no front plate.

• Funny
Reactions: logan
I had the manual version on my first S. I tore it off when pulling into a parking lot and bumping the folded down tag against the curb. So, replaced it with another manual one. Only took about a month, and same thing again. Even paying more attention, and raising the car, I still tore a second one off.

There used to be a comment in the reviews on Amazon about the electric version. Vette owner reported his kept stopping because mud puddles gummed up the motor.

Last six years, no front plate.

• Informative
Reactions: logan