Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

High pitched noise inside the cabin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ive had my model 3 since May (227xx VIN) and I believe that this issue just started on my drive home today.

There is a high pitched whirring or whine noise coming from somewhere in the passenger footwell. This noise is not audible from outside of the car. It happens whether the car is driving, parked, or charging and doesn’t change whether the AC is on or entirely off.

Does anyone else have this?

Yes. I can hear that hiss too. And it is the most annoying noise in my car so far. I'm fine with tire and wind noise.
The noise is comming from under the glove compartment. There is a fan vent in the corner for cooling off the computer.

+1 same here. My wife thinks I'm crazy for hearing things. It's such an annoyance!

I've been hearing it since almost day one.

Interesting folks were able to locate it since I can only hear it if I face forward, once I turn my head towards the noise it goes away.

Ive had my model 3 since May (227xx VIN) and I believe that this issue just started on my drive home today.

There is a high pitched whirring or whine noise coming from somewhere in the passenger footwell. This noise is not audible from outside of the car. It happens whether the car is driving, parked, or charging and doesn’t change whether the AC is on or entirely off.

Does anyone else have this?

I think that’s the AC blower motor, sounds like the brushes have gone bad.

Well, I have a service appointment scheduled for Friday for them to look at this among other things. It is happening fairly consistently after driving for 15 or 20 minutes, so hopefully they are able to track it down.

So did this issue ever get figured out? Never really noticed it in my car until after a service appointment... now I hear a high pitched whine that I tend to associate with regenerative breaking (ie seems to only show up when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal). Is this just "normal" or is it something that can be fixed? Even the music doesn't drown it out (though I'm not certain it's the same noise you were experiencing).

So did this issue ever get figured out? Never really noticed it in my car until after a service appointment... now I hear a high pitched whine that I tend to associate with regenerative breaking (ie seems to only show up when I take my foot off the accelerator pedal). Is this just "normal" or is it something that can be fixed? Even the music doesn't drown it out (though I'm not certain it's the same noise you were experiencing).

That’s not it. The noise discussed here can be heard when stationary.

Sounds like your hearing at the upper end of the spectrum is good ... which is not good in this case :).