Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please Help! - Strange noise coming from the passenger side footwell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hoping to get some help from someone as Tesla Service has no idea.

This sound is coming from the passenger side footwell of my Model 3. It is sporadic, but kinda annoying.

Happens sometimes while driving (harder to hear), but I usually hear it best when i have just parked.

Has anyone experienced this noise, and if so, has Tesla been able to help find the cause for you?

I'm wondering if it's the watercooling for the computer... but the problem is that when i brought it in to Tesla... they couldn't repeat the sound.

Thanks!

Is the AC or fan on when this noise is present? If so does it go away when you turn it off? I could have sworn someone posted about this exact same issue just a few days ago, video of the sound and everything. I’ve never heard this noise from my Model 3, but I am also rarely not blasting music.

Is the AC or fan on when this noise is present? If so does it go away when you turn it off? I could have sworn someone posted about this exact same issue just a few days ago, video of the sound and everything. I’ve never heard this noise from my Model 3, but I am also rarely not blasting music.
Nope. radio off and HVAC off.

In fact... the car will lock and shut down with me inside (sitting in the passenger seat to get clearer audio), and the sound persists

Nope. radio off and HVAC off.

In fact... the car will lock and shut down with me inside (sitting in the passenger seat to get clearer audio), and the sound persists

Interesting. Do some quick searches here, I swear I saw someone post about this same exact issue just a few days ago. Maybe they figured out some answers.

I agree with your suspicion that it may be something with the computer cooling system.