Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 277904 Spotted 3 Model 3's at Highland Park, IL Tesla a few hours ago. Highest VIN was #6423. The other 2 were in the 3000's and 5000's.

I also have to say after seeing the black it has me questioning my color choice again!

!vinbot Model 3 #6423

View attachment 277905
View attachment 277907

Do you have any more pics of the silver? There's not a lot of pics of silver with the aeros floating around but I'm pretty sure that's what I'm getting so trying to see as many as I can.

Reactions: WarpedOne
Just got notification my Model3 is on it's way to the delivery center. But here is a question... the VIN I was given is in the low 5000s but I see highest VINs in the wild in the 6000s. Does this mean mine has just been sitting in a lot or do they produce them out of order? Just curious how that all works.

View attachment 277904 Spotted 3 Model 3's at Highland Park, IL Tesla a few hours ago. Highest VIN was #6423. The other 2 were in the 3000's and 5000's.

I also have to say after seeing the black it has me questioning my color choice again!

Thank you for this! I was there on Saturday morning dropping off a fob real quick and forgot to swing thru the lot. After I left and got back on the highway I looked over and saw these; was too lazy to come back.

The white one was in the service area on Friday getting prepped for delivery.

EDIT: Also looks like the vinbot didn't register the 6423. Would be the highest on the list so far.

Just got notification my Model3 is on it's way to the delivery center. But here is a question... the VIN I was given is in the low 5000s but I see highest VINs in the wild in the 6000s. Does this mean mine has just been sitting in a lot or do they produce them out of order? Just curious how that all works.
All cars at this point are just being batch built and then wait to be matched up with people. Low 5000s really wasn't built that long ago though, maybe few weeks. But not knowing what current production rate truly is, it's just a guess. The sticker in the door jam and on the window sticker will say the production month.

Reactions: suwaneedad
My brother gets his week from Saturday
Vin71xx. Mine came 2weeks ago vin 41xx
Both socal

The elusive vin 7xxx
giphy.gif

I'm glad to hear that VIN 71xx is planned to be delivered on 17 Feb 2018.

One could assume 71xx exists "now", which is 5.3 weeks into 2018.

If Tesla produced (approximately) 2,400 TM3s in 2017, it can be assumed that "about" 4,700 units have been built in 2018.

At 5.3 weeks into the year, 4,700 units works out to 887 units a week.

There is some speculation that the factory was closed for the first week of January for the holiday season.

If the factory has only been open 4.3 weeks in 2018, then the build rate is 1093 units a week.

I'm glad to hear that VIN 71xx is planned to be delivered on 17 Feb 2018.

One could assume 71xx exists "now", which is 5.3 weeks into 2018.

If Tesla produced (approximately) 2,400 TM3s in 2017, it can be assumed that "about" 4,700 units have been built in 2018.

At 5.3 weeks into the year, 4,700 units works out to 887 units a week.

There is some speculation that the factory was closed for the first week of January for the holiday season.

If the factory has only been open 4.3 weeks in 2018, then the build rate is 1093 units a week.

I think that's most likely the case.

Hopefully we'll be able to enter March with a production rate >1500