Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$3,750 discount from Tesla on Model 3 and Y delivered this year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just learned from the Tesla Owners Florida Club that Tesla is giving a $3,750 discount (not tax credit) on Model 3 and Y orders if you take delivery this month, in the US only. I saw another thread about this in the Model Y forum (Electrek: Tesla gives $3,750 discount for Model 3/Y in the US this month, but only when I started posting this, so I'm posting here too for increased visibility.

Reactions: DarkForest
Yeah, this is perhaps the highest value year end freebee they gave out. When I got mine at end of 2020, I got 1 year free supercharging and 3 months of free FSD (which probably was a test to prepare for launching the subscription service).

I was about to take delivery next thursday on my Y. Had the bank cut the cashier's check this afternoon. I also asked (in a text) to my Tesla location if the appointment could be moved up to this coming tuesday. I had only JUST read the reports here about Tesla's $3,750 Christmas present and was trying to digest how this report might apply to my balance. And just as I was figuring this out, a local Tesla SA called me with the news of the rebate. I'm thinking that cancellations were getting out of hand, and this was a customer retention situation that Tesla wanted to get control of. Also, the tuesday pick up was approved. So, two days earlier, about $4,000 cheaper, and I might still, possibly, get Illinois' $4,000 credit. Now if they don't replace my new Nov. 20th VIN with an older VIN, and the car is a good one.... (fingers crossed emoji here)

Bummer for those that just missed it. I'm thinking this is also an indication that they are trying to clear out inventory and have some changes in pricing/structure for 2023 to make sure the vehicles qualify for the $7500 rebate. I'm excited to see what happens and will continue to hold out on my order as long as I can.

We might all be in bummer mode sometime next year, $3,750 credit or not, if the wait time for new orders (now less than a month and up to 2 or 3 months on some configs.) gets down to a month or less. With massive ramp ups at Austin in Q1 and Q2, I would bet dollars to octovalves that there is another price reduction in the works for sometime next year. If the IRA tax credit finds its way to Teslas, the prices would probably stay high so Tesla can profit from it. If the IRA tax credit doesn't stick, then more discounts might happen. Interesting times. Pehaps Vegas has odds on which way it could go.

Was offered a $3750 price reduction to take delivery of model 3. Unfortunately I took deliver of M3LR two weeks ago. I did ask for a price reduction on that 🤣

Attachments

• 1A4A516E-FD9E-4FCC-9956-61B628DBECB4.jpeg
    1A4A516E-FD9E-4FCC-9956-61B628DBECB4.jpeg
    411.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Funny
Reactions: gglockner