Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highest production VIN in the wild

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's lots of deliveries happening. If you are interested in deliveries rather than a high VIN I suggest you visit a thread where they are talking about deliveries rather than a thread about high VINs.

I suppose, but I would have thought there would have been some crossover. EG, there has to be some new high numbers coming out of those deliveries.

Curious on the lack of S and X inventory. Are there updates on the lines happening that are preventing production? Just curious.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
Never mind the high vins. Are there any deliveries happening?

Also, why is there no more inventory S's and X's. Are those lines running?

About 14 a day at Highland Park IL over the past few weeks and they expect that to accelerate. That is a fairly small service center with about 10 bays for service and room to deliver about 10 cars. The "showroom" fits one car and is about the size of an apartment living room.

• Informative
Reactions: Waiting4M3
About 14 a day at Highland Park IL over the past few weeks and they expect that to accelerate. That is a fairly small service center with about 10 bays for service and room to deliver about 10 cars. The "showroom" fits one car and is about the size of an apartment living room.

I suppose one has to realize that a ton of people take delivery and have never and will never come onto this forum and announce the arrival of the new car. Some of us are keeners and some people just go about their busy lives. I get that. Me. I would be saturating the internet with all kinds of boring pictures of my new ride.

I suppose one has to realize that a ton of people take delivery and have never and will never come onto this forum and announce the arrival of the new car. Some of us are keeners and some people just go about their busy lives. I get that. Me. I would be saturating the internet with all kinds of boring pictures of my new ride.

I also went to a showing of the Model 3 for S/X owners with reservations at the downtown Chicago location on Thursday, which is now open to the public. There was a ton of people and a ton of excitement. I dont think it will be long now for non-owners to start getting invites. Most of the people there I talked to where waiting for Duel motor.

Just assigned my VIN this morning. Yea!

VIN# 633X

No word yet on delivery. I am assuming from other VIN numbers reported that the car is already produced and just needs to be delivered. Went with the blue, 19" sport wheels, black interior and enhanced autopilot. All other options were locked in before we configured.

We will soon be a two Tesla household with a Model 3 and 2013 Model S with 65K miles.
upload_2018-2-10_14-54-30.png

Anyone got a higher photographed VIN then 6423?

Barely, I found 6470 tonight in St. Louis. They have 8 cars outside and what looks like two under cover in the store presumably prepped for delivery. That’s a lot for us out here, this is the first time I have even seen one in person. Some of them had papers inside that said Model 3 Factory Gated?

Last edited:
Turns out that VIN number 633X was already available and our delivery is scheduled for St. Louis on Wednesday Feb 21. This is 13 days from configuration date. I think this says a lot about the way they are handling orders and production. I'm guessing our Model 3 was already in route to the Midwest when we finalized configuration. Also guessing that it is one of the Model 3s spotted by jsrawa in St. Louis last Saturday and that they are taking a few days to get it prepped and delivered. Also guessing that it rolled off the production line sometime in January.

So when you get your invite, be prepared because delivery may be sooner than indicated.

1/23 invite date (no email, checking my profile daily) previous owner of a P85+, not currently an owner
1/23 configuration date - white, enhanced, Aeros
2/11 vin# 57xx assigned
Today I was told they will call back with a delivery date on Friday? When challenged with the question of a possible delivery date, my rep (not local) stated possibly at the end of the following week (2/23). So 31 days, hopefully..

After this conversation, I decided to stop into my Tesla dealer/service center in Denver today and they had 3 of the EXACT configurations I ordered in the parking lot. All with plastic on the steering wheel & handles but none on the body? So they just didn’t get dropped off by the transporter. Also with the snow, you can tell they have been here for a while. Of the 3 exact configurations, one had vin 56xx, the other two vin numbers were covered (on purpose) with the window sticker. Can’t help but wonder what the deal is... or if my car is sitting in front of me. (Not to mention 3 black Aeros, and about 5-6 others with 19s) Mum was the word inside when asked if my car is here or not. I find it strange that they do not know what 3’s they have in inventory or in their parking lot. The new service manager was very nice and helpful which is the best news I’ve had so far. Service the past couple years has been a joke and frustrating at times. This ramp up talk is starting to get worry sum... my other reservation is stating that the AWD will be able before the $35k version. Sounds like the $35k model 3 might be a 2019 model..

1/23 invite date (no email, checking my profile daily) previous owner of a P85+, not currently an owner
1/23 configuration date - white, enhanced, Aeros
2/11 vin# 57xx assigned
Today I was told they will call back with a delivery date on Friday? When challenged with the question of a possible delivery date, my rep (not local) stated possibly at the end of the following week (2/23). So 31 days, hopefully..

After this conversation, I decided to stop into my Tesla dealer/service center in Denver today and they had 3 of the EXACT configurations I ordered in the parking lot. All with plastic on the steering wheel & handles but none on the body? So they just didn’t get dropped off by the transporter. Also with the snow, you can tell they have been here for a while. Of the 3 exact configurations, one had vin 56xx, the other two vin numbers were covered (on purpose) with the window sticker. Can’t help but wonder what the deal is... or if my car is sitting in front of me. (Not to mention 3 black Aeros, and about 5-6 others with 19s) Mum was the word inside when asked if my car is here or not. I find it strange that they do not know what 3’s they have in inventory or in their parking lot. The new service manager was very nice and helpful which is the best news I’ve had so far. Service the past couple years has been a joke and frustrating at times. This ramp up talk is starting to get worry sum... my other reservation is stating that the AWD will be able before the $35k version. Sounds like the $35k model 3 might be a 2019 model..

I had a similar experience when I was at the service center in Rocklin, CA, they had a bunch of Model 3's sitting around and when I asked them if they were fully booked everyday making deliveries, they said they were only delivering 2 or 3 a day. I didn't make sense to me, why would they have them sitting around when there are 400,000 people waiting for them. At this point I doubt they are delivering their January goal of 1,000 cars per week based on what I have seen.

I had a similar experience when I was at the service center in Rocklin, CA, they had a bunch of Model 3's sitting around and when I asked them if they were fully booked everyday making deliveries, they said they were only delivering 2 or 3 a day. I didn't make sense to me, why would they have them sitting around when there are 400,000 people waiting for them. At this point I doubt they are delivering their January goal of 1,000 cars per week based on what I have seen.

I stopped by the Rocklin, CA place on Sat 2/10. There were 15 Model 3 behind the fence. I saw the 3 Silver (my color) for the first time and loved it. I'm also curious on why so many in the lot & no delivery.