Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Highland does not have HEPA filter (or does it?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm upgrading my MS to something brand new. Ive been postponing making the order as I have been considering a M3 Ludicrous as I guess it will be launched during the spring. I recently made a test drive of a M3 standard range and I liked it, but i could smell exhaust coming through the HVAC sometimes, which made me suspicious.

Today i checked the service manual and it has no notion of "HEPA" at all for M3 2024+ (but MY does as it should).
Huge dissapointment!!! And irritating that the internet is full of people claiming highland does come with HEPA filter :-(

Can anybody please verify this?

I'm upgrading my MS to something brand new. Ive been postponing making the order as I have been considering a M3 Ludicrous as I guess it will be launched during the spring. I recently made a test drive of a M3 standard range and I liked it, but i could smell exhaust coming through the HVAC sometimes, which made me suspicious.

Today i checked the service manual and it has no notion of "HEPA" at all for M3 2024+ (but MY does as it should).
Huge dissapointment!!! And irritating that the internet is full of people claiming highland does come with HEPA filter :-(

Can anybody please verify this?
That was a misleading rumor that was posted in November that was shortly retracted:

Unfortunately that rumor still spread by outlets that didn't bother to vet or update their stories.

This reddit thread says, no there is no HEPA filter in the Highland:

Here's a video with Highland. At around 5 minutes in, they pull open the frunk cover. There is no HEPA filter (nor any space for one in the future):

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mgs333