Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hills Matte Carbon Fiber dash and door trim review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn’t realize they were different. Thanks for the heads up
Let me do some clarification here since I own the 2023 Austin built AWD variant and a 2021 M3 and have a full CF dash for my M3 and the stick on CF dash for my MY (since no one makes a full CF dash for the Austin built MY yet)
The door panels are the same for all variants of the MY. I didn't have any issues buying the full replacement CF door panel pieces.
The carbon fiber covers that goes over the wood trim and stick on, fits all variants of the MY dash. Pic attached is my MY with matte CF dash stick on.

Replacing the dash is where you have issues. The dash built for AWD versions from Austin and Berlin are different from all other variants of the MY and M3. (Additionally, the adjustable screen kits made for the MY and M3 won't work with the Austin/Berlin AWD versions of the MY.) I know this because I tried to swap my CF dash from my 2021 M3 to my MY and there are several changes to how the dashboard installs. These changes follow through to the screen too, as the screen swivel kit that I bought that fits any other MY, does not work with Austin-built AWD MY's. So, for now, I'm stuck with a non-movable, stock screen, until someone makes a kit.

Attachments

• PXL_20230528_200741391.jpg
    PXL_20230528_200741391.jpg
    456.7 KB · Views: 100
Recently installed Hills Matte Carbon Dash and door trim on my 23 MYP and am overall very pleased. They look amazing, beautiful matte carbon with smooth patterns looks killer in the sun. Fitment was also dam near perfect. Used some 3M adhesion promotor before install to make sure very strong bond. Honestly is looks 100% factory. Hopefully they hold up well over time. View attachment 936334View attachment 936335View attachment 936336
From where did you order? I did the same but the fit wasn’t as good as I had hoped….

Let me do some clarification here since I own the 2023 Austin built AWD variant and a 2021 M3 and have a full CF dash for my M3 and the stick on CF dash for my MY (since no one makes a full CF dash for the Austin built MY yet)
The door panels are the same for all variants of the MY. I didn't have any issues buying the full replacement CF door panel pieces.
The carbon fiber covers that goes over the wood trim and stick on, fits all variants of the MY dash. Pic attached is my MY with matte CF dash stick on.

Replacing the dash is where you have issues. The dash built for AWD versions from Austin and Berlin are different from all other variants of the MY and M3. (Additionally, the adjustable screen kits made for the MY and M3 won't work with the Austin/Berlin AWD versions of the MY.) I know this because I tried to swap my CF dash from my 2021 M3 to my MY and there are several changes to how the dashboard installs. These changes follow through to the screen too, as the screen swivel kit that I bought that fits any other MY, does not work with Austin-built AWD MY's. So, for now, I'm stuck with a non-movable, stock screen, until someone makes a kit.

I have a 23 MYP built in Fremont that came with the tilt and swivel screen. I'm wondering if the full replacement dash for the MY that AREN'T built in Austin/Berlin will fit my car? Thanks.

Recently installed Hills Matte Carbon Dash and door trim on my 23 MYP and am overall very pleased. They look amazing, beautiful matte carbon with smooth patterns looks killer in the sun. Fitment was also dam near perfect. Used some 3M adhesion promotor before install to make sure very strong bond. Honestly is looks 100% factory. Hopefully they hold up well over time. View attachment 936334View attachment 936335View attachment 936336
How easy was the install?

Its a cover, you literally stick it over the top haha. So I would say easy
I personally prefer to replace the entire piece. Originally I bought the kind that just sticks over the wood for my M3, but it doesn’t look good IMO, since you can still see the wood on the end if you look close. Replacing the entire piece, with a real carbon fiber insert, looks OEM. Just my OCD.