Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hit a squirrel, Broke my grill

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's up with squirrels?!

Last week on a residential street, a squirrel ran to the middle of the road and stopped as I was approaching. So I slowed down in case it darted in front of me. It stayed put until I was even with it, then jumped in through the driver window, ran across and leaped out through the passenger window. Scared the snot out of my wife.

What's up with squirrels?!

Last week on a residential street, a squirrel ran to the middle of the road and stopped as I was approaching. So I slowed down in case it darted in front of me. It stayed put until I was even with it, then jumped in through the driver window, ran across and leaped out through the passenger window. Scared the snot out of my wife.
I think EVs are a lot more dangerous to animals because they are quiet. Most of the animals that would get on the road have better hearing than vision (including cats and dogs), so they don't get as much warning as they use to when an EV approaches. I've noticed most "incidents" myself since I got an EV. Fortunately, I've been able to avoid hitting any animals on the road. I always figure they won't move as soon as they use to.

Reactions: Gasman23
Burrito said:
Mid hop? My car is lowered too

i hit a squirrel last year but it went under the car without hitting the front bumper before darting under rear tire...

That's because our 'Joizy squirrels can eat your TX mini-squirrel's for lunch!

Don't mess with 'Joizy sqrls:
A Fat Squirrel Is Stealing Snacks From Delivery People

fat-squirrel-theft.jpg

I think EVs are a lot more dangerous to animals because they are quiet. Most of the animals that would get on the road have better hearing than vision (including cats and dogs), so they don't get as much warning as they use to when an EV approaches. I've noticed most "incidents" myself since I got an EV. Fortunately, I've been able to avoid hitting any animals on the road. I always figure they won't move as soon as they use to.

Teslas are louder than ICE cars, both interior a well as exterior noise.

The bumper is really easy to take off. There are videos on YouTube. Be especially careful with the clips under and next to the headlights. Take your sweet time or you will break them. Look up the parts on the catalog, search pics of them on eBay, and study them to see how things are put together so that you don’t have to buy more parts than you need to.

Squirrel must die.
My friend was driving his MB when a deer tried and failed a suicide. The deer ran away with the MB logo star. I wonder if a Tesla Deer or a Tesla Squirrel (this one isn't likely to survive though) exist.

a cat darted out and hit the side in front of the front wheel last night. It seemed to have survived and ran off. I get that Tesla’s are way quieter than ice cars, but with animals having better senses I’m surprised that road noise alone doesn’t register with them. Perhaps it’s learnt behaviour & they will slowly recalibrate what a car sounds like as more EVs hit the road