Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hmm... Rear Door Open Buttons Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Neither rear door can be opened from the inside. I'm not sure when this occurred since we do not use the back for passengers very often. IIRC in normal use the button makes a 'click' sound. Nothing now. If it is a a setting, I could not find it. I have used the window lock setting before and I thought the door might be included but I changed the window lock setting to off and now the rear window controls work but the door button still does not. The door handles from the outside operate normally. I rebooted the screen with no effect.

As an aside, I learned today that the rear doors do not have a manual open mechanism.

Is there something simple I am missing here ?

Sounds like child lock got enabled?

page 10 of the manual:
"
  1. Child Protection Lock

Model 3 has child protection locks on the rear doors to prevent them from being opened using the interior release buttons. On the touchscreen, touch Controls > Locks > Child Lock.

Note: It is recommended that you turn child protection locks on whenever children are seated in the rear seats.
"