Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holiday Update popped in this morning, fastest download in recent history

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good news for me with FSD 10.69.25 that dropped with holiday update. The updated FSD now correctly does two turns that the old version would get totally confused doing. Yahoo! Only remaining issue is the system still thinks some 45mph and 35mph speed zones are 60 and 55mph:( Not really a FSD issue there and more of a navigation database issue. These two roads do not have any speed limit signs posted. Will have to see what other nav systems think the speed limit is for those two roads.

The auto cancel blinkers with lane change is working well. But I had thought(assumed) that it would just be for a full press of the turn signal and the half press (3 blink) function would still be as before. Turns out the 3 blink stays on until the lane change is completed. I would have preferred to have the 3 blink as an option and then the auto cancel with full press.

What are other's finding/thinking about this new feature?

The auto cancel blinkers with lane change is working well. But I had thought(assumed) that it would just be for a full press of the turn signal and the half press (3 blink) function would still be as before. Turns out the 3 blink stays on until the lane change is completed. I would have preferred to have the 3 blink as an option and then the auto cancel with full press.

What are other's finding/thinking about this new feature?
I'm finding that with the auto-cancel turned on, the full press and half press of the turn signal stalk does the same thing. The good thing is that I no longer need to do the full press (half press takes much lighter effort), but sometimes I want the signal to stay on until either I cancel it myself or after a turn, and the auto-cancel sometimes cancel too early. But those situations are fairly predictable so I think I'm going to leave the auto-cancel on.

I'm hoping that at some point they make it so that the full press of the turn signal stalk locks the turn signal on until a turn is completed or when I manually cancel.

I'm finding that with the auto-cancel turned on, the full press and half press of the turn signal stalk does the same thing. The good thing is that I no longer need to do the full press (half press takes much lighter effort), but sometimes I want the signal to stay on until either I cancel it myself or after a turn, and the auto-cancel sometimes cancel too early. But those situations are fairly predictable so I think I'm going to leave the auto-cancel on.

I'm hoping that at some point they make it so that the full press of the turn signal stalk locks the turn signal on until a turn is completed or when I manually cancel.
yes I like this as I used the half press all the time and now it’s actually a better system. So far Maputo turn has been flawless on merging into turn lanes (stays on) changing more than 1 lane etc.

Yes, they do the same thing now whether you do the short push or full push. Seems like a waste to have both types of input do the same thing.
Either give us the short push for 3 blinks and full push for the auto cancel OR give us auto cancel on short push and a full push would stay on until cancelled by the user (as you want).