Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Holy grinding sound!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll second air compressor (assuming you have air suspension). Notice any corner low? Cars have been sitting. A critter might have chewed through one of the air lines. Remove the frunk tub. You can see the air compressor and most of the air lines.

I think I know what this sound is! I was pushing my fender liner inwards because my cars lowered and was rubbing when the wheels were turned. We pushed the fender liner so far back it started to hit some sort of fan behind the front portion of the well and made the exact noise! Have a look and see if ur fender liner is being pushed up against the front.

....... it started to hit some sort of fan behind the front portion of the well

That would be the condenser fan.

GetProductPicture.jpeg

Here is a good naked shot of the front showing the HVAC condenser fan on the ends, and the main radiator for the battery in the middle

Screen Shot 2020-05-05 at 11.45.27 AM.png

I once heard a guy supercharging next to me a couple of years ago with a small rock caught in the shroud; made one hell of a racket for about 5 minutes until it exited. the noise above doesn't sound like a rock, but does sound like something caught in there.

Dropped it off at 11am today, they gave me a loaner and the run down on "touchless drop off" when my car's ready and got a message an hour later that they were replacing the compressor. three hours later, she'e ready for pickup.
The Rockville, MD Service Center has really taken things up a notch for sure!

Reactions: Big Earl
Dropped it off at 11am today, they gave me a loaner and the run down on "touchless drop off" when my car's ready and got a message an hour later that they were replacing the compressor. three hours later, she'e ready for pickup.
The Rockville, MD Service Center has really taken things up a notch for sure!

On a 2016? Yowsers. Hopefully that is warranty still?