Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Home charger outhouse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished installing my home charger for my Model 3

Built a little outhouse to keep the sun and snow off of it.
_DSC9811 (1).jpg

_DSC9806 (1).jpg

_DSC9807 (1).jpg

_DSC9796 (1).jpg

Thats cool. What's that red thing in driveway? Did you do wiring? Or pay an electrician?
The red thing is a 2004 Toyota Echo that the Model 3 is replacing. Got a VIN number in the 259xx delivery soon, I can feel it in my water.
Did most of the wiring my self, got an electrician for the final hookup as I need his licence for the 50% rebate otherwise would have done it all.

Reactions: KJD
Looks nice. It's neat seeing people customize their home charging setups, integrating them into the existing architecture. It would have been nice to have used some aged wood to make it not stand out as much for right now, but your setup will weather nicely and blend in after a few years.

Is that "barn door" for decoration only? I ask because your outhouse straddles the door hinge, so it would interfere with the door being able to open.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch
Looks nice. It's neat seeing people customize their home charging setups, integrating them into the existing architecture. It would have been nice to have used some aged wood to make it not stand out as much for right now, but your setup will weather nicely and blend in after a few years.

Is that "barn door" for decoration only? I ask because your outhouse straddles the door hinge, so it would interfere with the door being able to open.
Thanks
If I can wait 2+ years for the car, waiting 2-3 years for the wood to match is OK with me. Even thought the house structures wood looks worn just below the surface the wood is still white. Would have been imposable to match and if I tried 2-3 years from now it would not match.
Caught me yes that door is decoration, only one door works, there has never been a car in the garage as its a heated workshop, far more valuable/useful then storing a car which is meant to be outside anyway.